Breastfeeding
Options

different thrush ?

I came to ask about it too.  I have very sore nipples, but no other signs of thrush.  They kind of feel like they are on fire.  Baby has no signs.  Baby has latched well since birth and is gaining...how would I know the difference between a latch issue and thrush?  I don't really want to go see the LC right now; we are in between insurances and are currently without for a few weeks. Does it sound thrushy?  I can just get some grapefruit seed extract and treat us...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: different thrush ?

• Options
    If there are no other signs, I doubt it.  Could it be dermatitis?  Can you call a LLL leader or go to a mtg?
    Lilypie - (YBLf)

Lilypie - (Cfah)
    image"Lilypie">image"Lilypie">image"Lilypie">image"Lilypie">image"">
  • Options
    This is random, but are you using lanolin? I have a sensitivity to it, and what you describe sounds like what my skin's reaction would be. Can you switch to olive or coconut oil for a couple of days and see if that helps?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No lanolin.  Hmmm...  I'm wondering if it might be hormonal then.  I had one period at 12 weeks and he's 19ish now with no 2nd period (not preg!)  Maybe it's going to make a return again...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"