Breastfeeding

BM and solids?

LO has refused bottles since she was 2 months old. She's been EBF, and we started solids just over 2 weeks ago. I'd like her to start drinking some expressed milk. I have a bunch in the freezer I don't want to waste, and I don't mind pumping once a day to keep it up. She can drink sips of water from an open cup with help. Can I put the BM in it, or would it be too fast for her to handle? Also, would you offer the milk at the table, like as part of her lunch, or separate as a mid morning snack? Would it be better for her to use a sippy cup so she can drink independently?   

I don't know where to start-any advice or experiences would be great! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BM and solids?

• DD hates a bottle too but I got her a sippy cup with the handles so she can hold it herself and it has a soft spout nipple like a bottle (I think it's by NUBY). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageandreab7412:
    I would try the cup. At that age she isn't probably going to get much. My lo went straight to the straw cups because he didn't really get the sippy. Now at a year he uses the straw cup for meals and still nurses 3-4 times a day. A lot of BF babies go straight to cups, which is great, don't have to cut out the bottle. 

How old was your LO when they took a straw cup? That might be best of both worlds. I only let LO have open cups at the table.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"