June 2013 Moms
Options

Late Birth Story, Regan Elizabeth PIP

Hey all!  On Thursday the 20th I went in for my last appointment before my scheduled C-Section on Saturday.  My Dr sent me to labor and delivery for the second week in a row due to high blood pressure.  This time they decided to go ahead with my c-section instead of sending me home.  I was super glad.  I swear I was going to loose it if they made me sit there for 4 hours again to just come back two days later.  So at 4pm Regan Elizabeth was born.  

This c-section was a lot more scary then my first.  I think that after hours of labor the first time the c-section was a relief.  This time was terrifying, walking my self to the OR was the worst part.  But all went well and she cried right away, they showed her to me and her and my husband went to where ever they go and the Dr finished up on me.  I was there the full 4 days and they did not let me get out of bed for a full 24 hours due to a magnesium drip.   

Nursing came a lot easier this time and my milk came in before being released from the hospital.  So far we have been blessed with a happy, easy baby again.  She wakes up about twice a night for feedings and is a very good eater.  

She was 9lbs 2oz at birth and 21".   I am starting to feel like my self again and the pain from my c-section is pretty much gone.   And now for the pics!

regan mommyand regan regan2 justinand regan rileyregan

Riley 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Late Birth Story, Regan Elizabeth PIP

• Options
    I've been enjoying the pics on FB. I didn't realize that you were here for 4 days and needed a mag drip. Glad it's all worked out and for a super easy baby. 

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• Options
    Congratulations!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJinglesChic:
    I've been enjoying the pics on FB. I didn't realize that you were here for 4 days and needed a mag drip. Glad it's all worked out and for a super easy baby. 

Yeah, I was only in for two days like you with my first.  But the mag drip made me feel like crap and the fact that they didnt let me out of bed made getting out of bed a lot harder.  I actually had a lot more pain this time once I was allowed to get up and moving.  They took me off the good drugs with out notice, so I went from perkiest and toradol to ONE hydrocodone.  I was in so much pain and the nurse said she was not allowed to give me anything more for 4 more hours due to the acetaminophen limits.

This delivery/recovery made it a lot easier to accept our choice to have a tubal.  The Dr also said that it is very good that I didnt labor because he saw a small window in my uterus.    

Riley 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats!

• Options
    Great pics!  Congrats!

• Options
    rzurbrrzurbr member
    Congrats mama and I love the last photo!  So sweet!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"