2nd Trimester

absence of baby movement

Hi ya'll! I'm 25 weeks pregnant (normal low risk pregnancy) with my first and I have been feeling definite movements from my baby boy since I was about 20 weeks. I primarily feel him whenever I sit or lie down, and towards the evening or early morning. Yesterday as well as this morning I have been feeling a lack of movement from him. My doctor told me that his movements will be inconsistent until I reach approximately 32 weeks, but I usually feel him everyday (which is why I am slightly concerned. I have a fetal doppler and have used it to listen to his heartbeat, which is still strong. I just haven't heard or felt him kick or hiccup. Should I be concerned, or am I just looking into this too much? I am always more concerned because this is my first baby.
Angelbesdme

Re: absence of baby movement

• imagemagicalbride2bee:
    Hi ya'll! I'm 25 weeks pregnant (normal low risk pregnancy) with my first and I have been feeling definite movements from my baby boy since I was about 20 weeks. I primarily feel him whenever I sit or lie down, and towards the evening or early morning. Yesterday as well as this morning I have been feeling a lack of movement from him. My doctor told me that his movements will be inconsistent until I reach approximately 32 weeks, but I usually feel him everyday (which is why I am slightly concerned. I have a fetal doppler and have used it to listen to his heartbeat, which is still strong. I just haven't heard or felt him kick or hiccup. Should I be concerned, or am I just looking into this too much? I am always more concerned because this is my first baby.

Your doctor already told you.

• imageWashingtonQueen:

imagemagicalbride2bee:

Yeah, you're right. I am just looking into this too much. Plus, I just felt him kick like a second after I posted this. Thanks! Oh and P.S, your son is adorable!

Angelbesdme
  • Loading the player...
  • There are days I feel it non stop and the next day nothing. There are so many variables to it. Next time it happens don't worry about it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Thanks! I'll do just that!
    Angelbesdme
  • imagemagicalbride2bee:

Yeah, you're right. I am just looking into this too much. Plus, I just felt him kick like a second after I posted this. Thanks! Oh and P.S, your son is adorable!

Haha! As a PP said, babies have their lazy days and growth spurts. Next time you feel worried drink some water or juice and lay down for a bit.

Thank you :)

• imageWashingtonQueen:

imagemagicalbride2bee:

And you found his heartbeat as well. Seems like you answered your own question. 

• The baby is fine. Your doctor is correct, listen to him/her. There was a period of about three days I didn't feel my daughter after several weeks of feeling her move all the time, and she was complteley fine. Try not to freak out and listen to the doc! 
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• atcwagatcwag member

I've been feeling slightly less movement (although feeling baby at least every few hours) over the past few days because it's been hot, I haven't been drinking nearly as much as I should, and I've been up and around doing a lot of housework.

I would agree with those who said, if all else fails, drink some cold water, sit/lay down and have a sugary snack....that typically does it for me.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageWashingtonQueen:

imagemagicalbride2bee:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"