TTC After a Loss
Options

Progesterone users (to induce AF) come in...

I am taking progesterone pills now for 7 days (tomorrow is day 7), in addition to a month of estrogen pills that I have been on after my uterine septum resection. I know taking the progesterone is prescribed so that AF will arrive, but I'm just wondering when that will arrive?? For those of you that have taken progesterone to make you get AF, at what point did she arrive? Was it while you were still on progesterone? Or once you stop taking the pills? TIA!
PCOS & ute crew member
BFP #1: 10/24/2012  EDD 7/3/13, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E 
DX: Septate Uterus. Septum resection 6/4/13
BFP #2: 12/20/2013  EDD 9/1/14, missed m/c @ 7weeks, D&E
BFP #3: 5/26/2014 EDD 2/7/15, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E- DX Trisomy22
RPL, Karyotyping, and SHG: All Normal
BFP #4: 9/6/14 EDD 5/16/15 Praying for our RAINBOW!
Baby GIRL on the way!!
**All AL Welcome**

Re: Progesterone users (to induce AF) come in...

• Options
    Before my loss I'd start on day 10 of 10. This last time around it was 5 days after finishing the last pill.
  • Options
    I have always done a 10day cycle of progesterone. Usually I'll get AF the day after stopping. I believe the norm is up to 5 days after stopping. that being said, i have also had it come during the last 2 days on the pills. They is really No exact way of telling when it will happen.

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageRosiePeare:

I hope you don't mind me responding, alysonjill, but I just wanted to add my own experience, since I've done Provera a couple of times (prescribed by both an OB and an RE). My RE was much better at explaining the process to me.

Basically, what you get after taking Provera is technically a "withdrawal bleed," as your body responds to progesterone withdrawal. As a result, women who get their periods while still taking the pills are likely getting a "natural" period, not one induced by Provera. If, instead, Provera induces the bleed, then it could start anytime from 1-14 days after the last pill. Does that make sense?

For me, Provera once didn't work (extreme circumstances with complications) and once caused a light withdrawal bleed about a week after my last pill; however, I then proceeded to get a full period (regular length and flow) two weeks later. I wasn't ever on estrogen at the same time, though, so I'm not sure how that might affect your experience.

GL!! 

Thank you for the explanation! That makes a lot of sense. Just took my last pill this morning, so I'm eagerly awaiting the bleeding to start. Wow, who ever thought I'd be excited to bleed!

Thank you to the rest of the PPs for your response! 

PCOS & ute crew member
    BFP #1: 10/24/2012  EDD 7/3/13, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E 
    DX: Septate Uterus. Septum resection 6/4/13
    BFP #2: 12/20/2013  EDD 9/1/14, missed m/c @ 7weeks, D&E
    BFP #3: 5/26/2014 EDD 2/7/15, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E- DX Trisomy22
    RPL, Karyotyping, and SHG: All Normal
    BFP #4: 9/6/14 EDD 5/16/15 Praying for our RAINBOW!
    Baby GIRL on the way!!
    **All AL Welcome**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"