TTC after 35
Options

43yo, popping in to say hi

Heaven help us, but we've been trying to make a little sibling for our surprise miracle 21 month old. I got my periods back about 1 year ago, and we sort of started after that, but I haven't been reliably ovulating until recently.  We've been pretty systematically trying for several months now, and I'm around CD 26.

The first time, we were together for 2 years, and I had a history of infertility (same relatively rare issues as his first wife, believe it or not...) and we didn't want to get crazy about it, or get our hopes up, so we just decided to let nature take it's course. Still can't believe it worked, with my history! Anyway, hoping that our little peanut will have some company--we feel bad that she's only got one grandparent left, and her older half sister is 20 and not really around...it would be so nice if we could get her somebody to go through life with, since we're not going to be around forever! (her dad is 10 years older than I am!)

Anyway, we haven't tried any medical interventions, mostly because we just don't want to get too crazy/disappointed/caught up. But, I don't know..maybe we will look into it if this doesn't get going, already!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 43yo, popping in to say hi

• Options
    Good luck! As far as age goes and being around for your girl, just keep yourself as healthy as possible. My parents had me later in life and they are still going strong because they have taken good care of themselves whereas other younger parents are gone or ill because they didn't. I have decided that I will really gain on these young moms when I am older :
    Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
  • Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    welcome & good luck!   your little one is a cutie. :)
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and best of luck.....I hope that your decision will bring another little one home.  Your little one is beautiful!  :)
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Options

hi. I wanted you to know that you are not alone.  my husband and I are trying for number two for our family because I hate the thought of our son growing up alone! 

I have only been trying for about 4 months and I am tracking everything!!  I hope that both of us will have good luck in the coming months! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"