Parenting

A birthday WWPD?

DS birthday is on Saturday, he will be 3. We want to take him to do something fun...the forecast is supposed to 89 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. I would love to take him to a waterpark, the zoo, or the aquarium. Which would you choose? 

Also, I live in Texas so it's rare to have nice cool weather in July. Also, I'm having the LEEP procedure in a couple of weeks so I won't be able to go in the water for a while until everything heals. 

Bonus! If you are in the dallas area, which waterpark would you choose?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A birthday WWPD?

• I'd wait to see the weather later on in the week. If it seems good, I'd go for the water park. It seems you want to do that!

image image
  • imageRondackHiker:
    I'd wait to see the weather later on in the week. If it seems good, I'd go for the water park. It seems you want to do that!

I am definitely leaning that way! DS mentioned inviting his parents, but they would only be willing to do the zoo or aquarium. I can also see them screwing my plans up, which is the norm for them.

I'm dying to take him to a water park! 

• Loading the player...
  • I'd go with the waterpark, but they're all likely to be super crowded. This cooler, no humidity is wonderful!! We spent over an hour outside this evening with our one year old and infant. It was wonderful. We are about an hour east of Dallas.
  • I would choose the water park unless it rains and then you could still do the aquarium.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I think we are going to go to NRH2O! If that doesn't work out we can do the aquarium, I just really want to do something fun!
  • imageameyer8009:
    Nrh20 is fun. I love hurricane harbor, too! Since you are in Dallas, and you know how the weather is here, I would have the back up plan of the dallas world aquarium. Tell him you're taking him on a surprise trip, so if it's crazy hot/storming, LO won't be disappointed. Eta: doh! Didn't read your response right before mine... Carry on

The unpredictable weather in Dallas is why I'm wavering. I can't wait to go to Hurricane Harbor, but for the price I would rather wait until he can do more of the rides.  

• I would also wait to double check the weather. My vote is for the water park.

DS's bday is Monday and we are having his party on Sunday.  It's going to be a cookout / water birthday since we have a slip n' slide and other water related activities.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"