July 2013 Moms

ear pain

For a week I've had either terrible allergies or a crummy summer cold. Tonight I started having pressure and pain in my ears. Besides Tylenol, any suggestions for some relief? It's terrible timing and I'll gladly pay a fee for some ideas. Tia!
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: ear pain

• Maybe a heating pad? Sorry you're feeling bad!
  • Advil cold and sinus works wonders, but I'd phone your pharmacist before taking it....

I've used it for sinus infections before, and it really, really helps. But it does make you feel a little loopy, hence the caveat above. :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageAsbromle:
    Maybe a heating pad? Sorry you're feeling bad!

This. Heat near the ears can help them drain.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Using a nasal rinse or neti pot really helps relieve sinus pressure and it's not medication so it's perfectly safe and you can do it as many times as you need. 

Saline spray also helps but not as well as the nasal rinse.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagefieldpetal:

Using a nasal rinse or neti pot really helps relieve sinus pressure and it's not medication so it's perfectly safe and you can do it as many times as you need. 

This. :) 

• imageaehamilton13:
    imageAsbromle:
    Maybe a heating pad? Sorry you're feeling bad!

This. Heat near the ears can help them drain.

You want to heat the ear through then put a cotton ball in the ear before bed to keep the warmth in. It really works for me.
  • imagefieldpetal:

Using a nasal rinse or neti pot really helps relieve sinus pressure and it's not medication so it's perfectly safe and you can do it as many times as you need. 

yes, this! Always helps me. Feel better!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagefieldpetal:
    Using a nasal rinse or neti pot really helps relieve sinus pressure and it's not medication so it's perfectly safe and you can do it as many times as you need.nbsp;Saline spray also helps but not as well as the nasal rinse. nbsp;

Oh my goodness! I almost forgot about my neti pot! I wouldn't have thought of it to help with my ears. Thank you! !!

• You're welcome. I hope something makes you feel better. Ear pain is awful. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Is it inner pain? I know that garlic oil/tincture can help. I began using it with my son when he went through a phase of getting ear infections between 6-8 months of age and antibiotics didn't work or made it worse by causing digestion issues. This is the stuff I used...highly recommend this!

https://www.amazon.com/Mullein-Garlic-Compound-Drops-Ounces/dp/B001E8DBU8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372655650&sr=8-1&keywords=Garlic+tincture

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"