Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

thinking about food

Ds is fast approaching the 4 month mark, which means solids are not so far off as they used to be.

I have read a lot of the comments regarding the baby rice cereal and I got curious. What is the opinion of giving LO Cream of Rice cereal; you know the hot cereal that adults eat?

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook

Re: thinking about food

• Options
    I have no plans to offer any kind of cereal. I'm more interested in baby-led weaning. 
  • Options
    My baby is 18 weeks and loves to eat from a spoon.   Tried the rice though which made her poops more hard.   Once I switched to oatmeal much better poops. Plus I mix it w/ formula and a fruit 1st stage food
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemusicalmama5:
    I have no plans to offer any kind of cereal. I'm more interested in baby-led weaning. 

Can't you still use cereal and do that? I plan on avacado for 'first' food. My son is on cereal already for reflux and like PP said, it hardly has nutritional value. I use oatmeal since the beginning... more vitamins. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    From what I understand, baby-led weaning means letting the child feed himself regular foods when he's ready, and not spoon-feeding purees or baby foods. I plan to continue breast-feeding to provide him with the nutrients he needs until solids gradually take over. In the beginning, the foods he "eats" are more for practice than nutrition.
  • Options
    If you're doing rice cereal, I'd do the baby kind because at least it's fortified with iron and other nutrients.  But, it's not necessary to feed cereal, I started with fruits and veggies.  Maybe I'll do oatmeal once we get through them all.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemusicalmama5:
    From what I understand, baby-led weaning means letting the child feed himself regular foods when he's ready, and not spoon-feeding purees or baby foods. I plan to continue breast-feeding to provide him with the nutrients he needs until solids gradually take over. In the beginning, the foods he "eats" are more for practice than nutrition.

Well I meant can't they just stick thier hands in a cool cooked cereal.. it will make them learn about textures too and perhaps they suck it from thier fingers? I agree it is more about learning than nutrition. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd prefer cereal made for babies just to make sure the consistency is small and they won't choke.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"