July 2012 Moms

Outdoor Party Question

So, I was really excited to have our party at the park, under a covered pavilion, and we're having it from 10:30 to 12 before it gets too too hot. I think we're going to take some of the advice y'all gave about having fruit for more of a brunchy snack before cake...but I'm starting to stress out about the cake melting before we can eat it. Any other southerners have outdoor parties and deal with this? Any tips to keep it cool? I'm afraid even the ride in the car could be enough to do it in. Someone who's already had their party outdoors tell me it's all going to be ok!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Outdoor Party Question

• Thanks, yeah a cooler is a good idea, that's probably what I should do. I am doing a basic sheet cake shaped like a 1 for everyone else, but I was going to attempt a 3D baseball for DS with piped buttercream all around the outside. My mom already had the pan and I thought it would be adorable for his baseball themed party, but it seems way trickier to transport. Maybe I'll just get a small round pan and make a flat baseball...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are also having an outdoor party.  Dh complained about me renting a tent for our backyard, but transporting everything is exactly why I decided to stay at home vs going to a park.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are having an outdoor party too. Let me know what works!
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • imageOkieMama:
    Thanks, yeah a cooler is a good idea, that's probably what I should do. I am doing a basic sheet cake shaped like a 1 for everyone else, but I was going to attempt a 3D baseball for DS with piped buttercream all around the outside. My mom already had the pan and I thought it would be adorable for his baseball themed party, but it seems way trickier to transport. Maybe I'll just get a small round pan and make a flat baseball...

I can tell you (from previous experience) that doing a 3D cake under this weather condition this is a horrible idea!  The frosting will melt and slip off the sides.  I had created a 3D elmo topper for a cake and piped his hair with buttercream... he started out smiling, by the time the cake was cut he had a droopy sad mouth, and it was a mid october party.... but it was hot that day.

Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • imagesingingirl96:

imageOkieMama:
    Thanks, yeah a cooler is a good idea, that's probably what I should do. I am doing a basic sheet cake shaped like a 1 for everyone else, but I was going to attempt a 3D baseball for DS with piped buttercream all around the outside. My mom already had the pan and I thought it would be adorable for his baseball themed party, but it seems way trickier to transport. Maybe I'll just get a small round pan and make a flat baseball...

I can tell you (from previous experience) that doing a 3D cake under this weather condition this is a horrible idea!  The frosting will melt and slip off the sides.  I had created a 3D elmo topper for a cake and piped his hair with buttercream... he started out smiling, by the time the cake was cut he had a droopy sad mouth, and it was a mid october party.... but it was hot that day.

Ugh, this is what I was afraid of.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"