January 2014 Moms
Options

Confession

We are going to visit my parents this weekend and they want to keep DD a week, they originally said for a few days as in leave her there on Sunday and drive her back to us on Wednesday.  But my mom called yesterday and said they'd like to keep her until Friday.   They planned a bunch of fun little trips for her and are so excited for her to come and stay with them.  But the more I think about it the more nervous and anxious I get.  We live 3 hours away from my parents so it isn't a terrible drive but it's a little bit of a hike.  I know I should relax and enjoy the time I will get to spend with DH and the me time that I haven't had time for in who knows when but I keep coming back to I don't know what I am going to do without DD for an entire week, I SAH so she's been my life since she's been born.  I don't know I'm just feeling pretty emotional about it at the moment she is napping right now and looks so small.  Stupid hormones. 

Re: Confession

• Options
    I get nervous letting DS spend a night at my moms, which is only an hour and a half. My ILs want to keep him for a week this summer or next and they are 5 hrs away. Ahhhhh. How do I get around this????

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    I've been on the other side of this by taking my nieces on trips away from home. I have done this since they were toddlers. I have to say it was hard on my sister at first, but then she saw that the girls were having a great time. It's nice for the kids to go experience things with other family members and my sister really did enjoy the break.  Good luck on making this decision.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Let her go!  It's MUCH harder thinking about being apart then it is to actually be apart.  We left the 2 older kids 2 years ago when we went to Disney World for our anniversary and then we just left all 3 kids last week when we went to Hawaii.  It's hard when you first leave, but it flies by. And it's much harder on you than it is on them... they really could care less ;)

She will have so much fun and I'm sure your parents will spoil her rotten. Enjoy the break and Skype or call when you miss her.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    I'm nervous about my hospital stay when this baby comes and not being at home with my little man. Something that has to happen at some point, but I'm already dreading being away from him. You are not alone!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageSweetPeaKate:
    I'm nervous about my hospital stay when this baby comes and not being at home with my little man. Something that has to happen at some point, but I'm already dreading being away from him. You are not alone!

I worry about DD too when we have to go to the hospital.  When we went to the hospital last time to deliver DD I was a hot mess and cried the whole way there because of our miniature dachshund I felt bad leaving her ( I know that sounds so lame but it's true).   

• Options

imageSweetPeaKate:

This is me. DD goes to daycare a few hours in the morning, but longer than that and I start to miss her.  

• Options

I would kiss my mom's feet if she offered to take my son for a week.  I'm going to go to sleep thinking about it just so maybe I will dream. :)

I understand missing your daughter, but a good relationship with grandparents is priceless, right? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"