Baby Names

Second thoughts

We have basically had our daughter named since we found out she is a girl. Now, with four weeks left, we are having second thoughts...we have already told everyone her name, too so I will feel pretty stupid changing it, but oh well.

Middle name is not negotiable because it is mine and my moms.

Layla Kay
Or
Grace Kay

and why? Tell me your thoughts on each

posted on July 13 as well so sorry if this is a repeat

Re: Second thoughts

• If we have another girl she will be named Grace so I'm biased. I love it.

BFP #1 - 3/19/09 - M/C  - 4/5/09 6 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 - 7/1/09 - DD born 3/8/2010
    BFP #3 - 11/1/10 - chemical pregnancy
    BFP #4 - 1/2/11 - DS born 9/8/11
    BFP#5 - 7/13/13 - stick baby stick!  Due 4/24/14

• I love Grace as a fn.
  • Loading the player...
  • ==N====N== member
    I think grace is beautiful and classic. Layla though I prefer Leila is nice too but it's not as nice as grace.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I prefer Grace. It's pretty and simple and the nn Gracie is spunky and sweet.
    I don't dislike Layla but I don't like the "lay" sound. I like Lilah better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I like Grace the best personally. You could take both in to the delivery room and when you see her it might become obvious which she is. 
  • I like Grace much better.
    Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• I don't think the single syllables of both Grace and Kay work that well when paired, so of those two I would say Layla. If it were an option, I would actually recommend dropping the repeat "ay" sound and going with Lyla Kay.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsCFBMrsCFB member

layla.  I prefer Leila.

not a big fan of grace.

• Grace! I love it as FN
    Anniversary
  • Grace. 

Would have used it myself, but my niece's name is Katherine Grace, and they call her Grace. :o)

we changed ours too, after we had told everyone our name, we decided we hated it. we're still undecided, lol. 

• I much prefer Grace over Layla. I think Grace is a beautiful and ages better than Layla. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I love the name Grace! I would of liked that as my LOs name but DH and I compromised on it being a mn name instead. I also love love then nn Gracie!!
  • I prefer Grace but Layla is nice as well. You really can't go wrong with either.

• We did the same thing, shortly after announcing to everyone the name I decided I wasn't sure haha

I say Layla Kay. I don't like 2 1 syllable names together, and Grace seems like a filler to me

image   image
  • I prefer the name Grace, mainly because it sounds more feminine to me and it's just a personal preference. I have no other good reason. Layla is just NMS.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"