Babies: 3 - 6 Months

No Nap Baby

SOOOO, DD woke up at around 7 this morning.  It is 2:20 here now and she has slept for a total of about 15 minutes.  I have tried putting her down and she cries and cries.  If I pick her up and nurse her she passes out.  I know she's tired.  It's so fracking frustrating.

We were in TX last week and she took several 2+ hour naps while we were there.  She NEVER does that at home.  WTH?  

It's exhausting I tell you!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: No Nap Baby

• My DD did this the past two days. For the past month, we've just been able to put her in her crib, give her a paci and turn on the Seahorse and she'd go out within 5 minutes. Yesterday and today she'd lay quiet for a bit, and then all of a sudden just blow up.

It's so exhausting for me and for her! We finally went for a drive for an hour just so she'd go to sleep. I found all sorts of back roads today.

photo 531db2b9-4d83-4d72-a50b-074d44f8cd51_zps7e3cb247.jpg
  • I don't know if you've done sleep training or are interested but it has been great.  We started Ferber sleep training last Saturday and it has worked wonders.  My LO always slept from 7-6 with one wake up so that wasn't the issue, it was the constant rocking her to sleep for night and all of her naps.  The naps were becoming exhausting considering I'd rock her longer than she actually slept.  She only cried the first night, hasn't since, and her naps have improved drastically.  She still fusses and sometimes cries for naps, never more than 5-10 mins. and Ferber states naps are much harder to train for.  But the length has increased significantly.  I will usually get at least 1 1.5 hour nap and her others are at least 45 mins.  I also let her fuss/cry if the nap has been less than 40 mins and she will usually go back to sleep.  I don't know if your interested in sleep training but it has helped us so much. 
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelittlebean4:
    I don't know if you've done sleep training or are interested but it has been great.nbsp; We started Ferber sleep training last Saturday and it has worked wonders.nbsp; My LO always slept from 76 with one wake up so that wasn't the issue, it was the constant rocking her to sleep for night and all of her naps.nbsp; The naps were becoming exhausting considering I'd rock her longer than she actually slept.nbsp; She only cried the first night, hasn't since, and her naps have improved drastically.nbsp; She still fusses and sometimes cries for naps, never more than 510 mins. and Ferber states naps are much harder to train for.nbsp; But the length has increased significantly.nbsp; I will usually get at least 1nbsp;1.5 hour nap and her others are at least 45 mins.nbsp; I also let her fuss/cry if the nap has been less than 40 mins and she will usually go back to sleep.nbsp; I don't know if your interested in sleep training but it has helped us so much.nbsp;

To this: I've been so amazed at how naps and nighttime sleep differ. I mean, I just thought, sleep is sleep, right?? I've found it so much easier to make adjustments at night then during naps. So weird!

I definitely think sleep training helps. But I know there are days when LO just does not want to nap and it wears on you, for sure!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"