October 2013 Moms

Nursing Camis - What am I missing?

I purchased some nursing camis from Motherhood and noticed that they have these triangular pieces of fabric in the boob area - what is this for?  I'm so confused and I'm sure there is a simple answer....It would make sense to cover my nipple and then you can pull to the side to nurse, but the triangular fabric sits between my nipple and armpit, not anywhere near my nipple.  It's like this in a few different nursing shirts that I have...
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Nursing Camis - What am I missing?

• It's in the nursing bras too. I'm not sure of the function, but I assume it makes BFing easier? I await responses....

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Would they keep the boob covered if the shirt is pulled?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Loading the player...
  • imageblondolphn:
    Would they keep the boob covered if the shirt is pulled?

No.

imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• atcwagatcwag member

imageblondolphn:
    Would they keep the boob covered if the shirt is pulled?

Nope.  If you unclip the strap and fold down the top, the strip of fabric that I'm talking about lies to the outside of my nipple, so no coverage...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've got nothing. And the shirt didn't come with instructions? I'd go back and ask if no one has any answers...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• imagejgslr:
    They're supposed to be like that, the fabric would bother baby's face if you had to pull it back. It's just enough fabric to hold the top up while your boob is out.

I guess I can see that.

• Yeah like PP said it is just to keep the bra, shirt, cami attached to you. There is just a small piece of fabric so you don't have to shove it out of  the way

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • imagejgslr:
    They're supposed to be like that, the fabric would bother baby's face if you had to pull it back. It's just enough fabric to hold the top up while your boob is out.

This is what I would assume also without seeing it.

OP- can you PIP the cami?

Bison (FCS) beats Big 12 Champs Kansas St (24-21)!!!
    imageimage

• Its to keep your strap attached to your bra when its unsnapped! Other wise it could fall off!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• imageJalee85:
    Its to keep your strap attached to your bra when its unsnapped! Other wise it could fall off!

I think this.

But I need a pip to be sure. I love my nursing camis from target they are awesome.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • imagenorbert5:
    imageJalee85:
    Its to keep your strap attached to your bra when its unsnapped! Other wise it could fall off!
    I think this. But I need a pip to be sure. I love my nursing camis from target they are awesome.

Can't believe I'm asking this but what does PIP mean? I'll have to go look ... how newb of me! If you actually unclip your straps you will see that it leaves the strap still hanging where it should, then it's not so hard to put back on again!  

This is how we are told to explain the nursing tees at Motherhood! I just bought one today, myself, but I have been wearing the bras from there for a while already! 

April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• I agree with the others. It connects the 2 pieces and keeps the side up. Depending on the one you have (every brand is a little different) it can also cover the side of your breast a bit when you take it down. I have a set like that. Although I am sure that is not what it is made for.
    DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
  • bnikizbnikiz member
    Are you talking about the fabric that keeps the strap attached when you unclip the cover part?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • atcwagatcwag member
    Thanks everyone!  Keeping the 2 parts connected makes sense now that I take a second look at it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"