January 2014 Moms

WWYD?

Since I used FF, I know when I O'd ...April 21 to be exact...according to all of that, I should really be 12 weeks today and due around Jan 12. However, the baby is measuring 6 days later ....DS measured 9 days smaller, so I make little babies!...he's very healthy!. So, they have my due date at January 18...which if you use that date, it wouldn't match up bc there's no way I could have gotten pg with those dates.
It's not really a big deal, but I know I'm in my 12th week, not 11th.
Just wondering if you would go with the dates you know are right or by the measurement dates. Lemme know!

ETA: TB ate my parentheses. Sorry it may be hard to read!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: WWYD?

• If you know for a fact you ovulated then, I would talk to your doctor about it. They were trying to put my edd ahead, but I also chart and only had sex once when I ovulated later in my cycle, so they used my date and the baby actually measured out exactly correct for my dates. Would have measured out a week behind if they used the date of my last period.

I would tell them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Was this your very first U/S?  Did you not have one around eight weeks?  The earlier the U/S, the more accurate it is for dating purposes, from what I've heard.

I would go with my charted/verified/scientific (original) DD.  Your OB may choose to go by his/her own DD but I would keep your "real" DD in your head as you near the end.  It likely won't matter at all.  It would be a much bigger issue if they thought you were a week further along than you are because then they might try to induce you at "40 weeks" when you knew you were only 39 weeks.  Since it's the opposite (they'll think you're 39 weeks when you're actually 40), I don't think it will matter too much.  

I would also go by your original DD when it comes to scheduling the NT scan, or doing the MaterniT21 test, if you choose to go that route.  Those need to be done on time. 

Short answer: Meh, I'm not really sure but go with FF. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageBirdieToldMe:
    Was this your very first U/S? nbsp;Did you not have one around eight weeks? nbsp;The earlier the U/S, the more accurate it is for dating purposes, from what I've heard.I would go with my charted/verified/scientific original DD. nbsp;Your OB may choose to go by his/her own DD but I would keep your "real" DD in your head as you near the end. nbsp;It likely won't matter at all. nbsp;It would be a much bigger issue if they thought you were a week further along than you are because then they might try to induce you at "40 weeks" when you knew you were only 39 weeks. nbsp;Since it's the opposite they'll think you're 39 weeks when you're actually 40, I don't thinknbsp;it will matter too much. nbsp;I would also go by your original DD when it comes to scheduling the NT scan, or doing the MaterniT21 test, if you choose to go that route. nbsp;Those need to be done on time.nbsp;Short answer: Meh, I'm not really sure but go with FF.nbsp;

I'm just going with my dates I think. I'm going to have a RCS, so I hope I don't go into labor just to have another CS!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • First of all, charting is not an exact science. Since you are human, and it's based on your input, it is fallible. (ETA: I understand the sex thing doesn't necessarily match up, but hold on to that thought for my #2 statement below.) Aside from that, it's plus or minus three days anyway, even under the 100% best circumstances.

Second, a baby can measure a few days ahead or behind and still be within a normal range. If you combine the possibility of being a couple of days off on your ovulation date with a baby just measuring small for normal reasons, it's not that big of a deal.

I would wait to see what upcoming ultrasounds suggest and go by that. Unless you were having ultrasounds to monitor ovulation, you don't truly *know* the exact moment you ovulated.

Just out of curiosity, how many DPO were you according to FF when you got your first BFP?

• imagepeanutmuse:
    First of all, charting is not an exact science. Since you are human, and it's based on your input, it is fallible. ETA: I understand the sex thing doesn't necessarily match up, but hold on to that thought for my 2 statement below. Aside from that, it's plus or minus three days anyway, even under the 100 best circumstances.Second, a baby can measure a few days ahead or behind and still be within a normal range. If you combine the possibility of being a couple of days off on your ovulation date with a baby just measuring small for normal reasons, it's not that big of a deal. I would wait to see what upcoming ultrasounds suggest and go by that. Unless you were having ultrasounds to monitor ovulation, you don't truly know the exact moment you ovulated. Just out of curiosity, how many DPO were you according to FF when you got your first BFP? nbsp;

I tested late and it was may 9 when I got my BFP, so it was 18 dpo. Line came up before test was saturated.

• imageMiaMyPuggle:
    I tested late and it was may 9 when I got my BFP, so it was 18 dpo. Line came up before test was saturated.

So did the one that I took at 13dpo. That really doesn't mean anything.

I'm just saying, you know that this means that your dates could be a little off, right? That's very late for a first BFP while charting. I understand that it was the first time you decided to test, but you have no way of knowing if you would have gotten one earlier. I would go by what the ultrasound indicates.

• I also just looked at your BFP post, because I vaguely remembered it. You disagreed with what FF said and you disregarded a bunch of temps. With all of that information, I'd say go by the ultrasound. Definitely.

For reference:

imageMiaMyPuggle:

Timing: FF says O minus 4. I say O, O minus 2, 4, 5. My temps were everywhere and I discarded 3 temps bc of lack of sleep and the time I had to temp. But, I still want to thank you all for the temping idea.

So to me, that looks like FF interpreted your CHs as being 4 days later than you decided they were. Combined with the fact that it's normal to measure a 2 to 3 days behind, I think your best bet is to go with the doctor's due date.

• imagepeanut+muse:

I also just looked at your BFP post, because I vaguely remembered it. You disagreed with what FF said and you disregarded a bunch of temps. With all of that information, I'd say go by the ultrasound. Definitely.

For reference:

imageMiaMyPuggle:

Timing: FF says O minus 4. I say O, O minus 2, 4, 5. My temps were
    everywhere and I discarded 3 temps bc of lack of sleep and the time I
    had to temp. But, I still want to thank you all for the temping idea.

So to me, that looks like FF interpreted your CHs as being 4 days later than you decided they were. Combined with the fact that it's normal to measure a 2 to 3 days behind, I think your best bet is to go with the doctor's due date.

Thanks for your investigative input, P!!
    I'm just pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten pg if I'd be due jan 18 bc of sex timing. I'm most likely having an RCS a few days before Jan 18 bc my practice doesn't do VBACs due to liability.

• Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.
  • Because I didn't want  to forget any of my dates when I went in for my 8 week appt I printed out my FF calendar. Could you do that and discuss this again with your OB? 
                January Siggy Challenge

Praying for our May15 baby!          January 2014- Welcome Sweet Kimber!
    image     image
  • imageMorenajuliet:
    Because I didn't want nbsp;to forget any of my dates when I went in for my 8 week appt I printed out my FF calendar. Could you do that and discuss this again with your OB?nbsp;

That's a good idea. They discounted my info from FF and went with my 8 week US. Who knows. I'm just going to track my way and let drs do whatever they need to do using the dates they have. It's only a few days, so NBD. In my mind, I'm 12 weeks, not 11 weeks, 1 day. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"