July 2013 Moms
Options

Tattoos

When I got the tattoo on my right hip, I should have thought about having a baby in the future. It doesn't look awful, but stretched out. I'm hoping it goes back to normal. Not to mention the scar I had from my belly ring 15 years ago!!!
m/c #1 6/30/05 m/c #2 9/18/06 m/c #3 9/18/08 BFP 10/21/12....EDD 7/6/13....Praying this is my sticky baby. Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Tattoos

• Options
    Ha! Live and learn. You probably would have done it, even if you had been warned, right? It'll probably go back to normal!
  • Options
    I never had an issue with my tattoo, but both holes from my belly button ring stayed visible.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My belly ring holes are a mess too. Yikes! And I took mine out maybe 6 years ago??

I purposely got my tattoos on my back and ankle so they wouldn't stretch when I got pregnant, but with my insane feet swelling... I wouldn't be surprised if the one on my ankle did stretch. So far, so good, though! Knock on wood!

Hope your tattoo goes back to normal. Vitamin E lotion or BioOil (I think that's what it's called) may help.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options

Where I had my belly button pierced it's red, stretched out and turned into a giant stretch mark. I was worried for a while that it was going to rip in half.

• Options
    I am so thankful I didn't get any tattoos in the area under my belly or around my hips. Basically I have huge stretch marks the whole way around excluding my back.. I can't imagine how they would have affected a tattoo
  • Options

imageAlicia0817:
    My belly ring scar looks awful too, plus when I had laparoscopic surgery it added to it. Luckily my hip tattoo is low enough it's not affected. Hope my foot and ankle tattoos aren't all stretched out from the swelling!

Yeah, I don't have a tattoo but I had laparoscopic surgery as well and the scar above my belly button turned into an ugly stretch mark. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The tattoo in my hip went back to the same size, but it didn't look exactly the same as it did before.
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. The butterfly I had tattooed when I was 16 now looks like a hawk. And my naval ring hole is just disgusting. I'm afraid of how it's all going to look pp!
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    Luckily my rib tattoos have not stretched at all!! But my belly ring....that's gonna leave one ugly scar

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My belly ring looks pretty funky!

I have a tattoo on my back that has stretches a bit but not too bad.

My DH has always said he wanted me to get a tattoo of tweety bird on my hip area so that when I it pregnant it would look like big bird!! Wtf!
    Emily
  • Options
    Thankfully my ink has been safe...my belly ring holes dont look too creepy...but next to all the stretch marks it would take a lot to be worse.
  • Options
    My sister had a Winnie the Pooh tattoo on her hip stupid drunk decision in her early 20s. After she had her twins pooh look more like poo! Lol he went back to sameish size but you can't tell what the hell it is now.
    I have one on my back and picked that place for this very reason.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"