August 2012 Moms
Options

Meal plans for the week?

I want to hit up the farmer's market before I seal my menu but so far I am thinking 

BBQ chicken with homemade sauce and potato salad. Something green. Maybe corn if there is any

Some sort of quiche or dinner pie, probably with a hash brown crust instead of pastry. I love that howell can have eggs now. It opens the door to all these other options. 

Chicken gyros. I may try making my own pita. It looks easier than one would think.

Either white bean, asparagus and arugula salad or white beans, spinach and tomatoes on bread. 

Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: Meal plans for the week?

• Options

We got a roe deer dropped off to us that we butchered yesterday. We ate the liver (DS loved it) and tenderloins yesterday. It has been a while since we had meat other than fish. I should have taken it slower because I have bad upset tummy today. I will likely have an apple tonight. 

DH is making a roe deer bourginion tonight. That will likely last a few days.

I might do a veggie ginger stir fry

No idea the rest of the week. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Options
    We planned our week out yesterday, but nothing is set in stone.

Swiss chard quiche with a scone dough instead of a pastry. It is so much easier.

Stromboli and salad.

Indian chicken nuggets with sweet potato fries. We did this last week and it was a hit! Even Mina loved them!

Empanadas...I've never made them but I can try!

Mac and cheese.

I think that covers the days we don't already have dinner plans.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Crap I forgot that the Fourth is this week. I may have to rethink this. Maybe I'll cut out the gyros. 

• Options

imageLindsayDesigner:
    Empanadas...I've never made them but I can try!

I love making empanadas! I like to triple the recipe and freeze 2/3 of them uncooked.  

• Options

Traditionally, for July 4 week, my ILs get together with three other families at a cottage.  Each family takes turns cooking on a different night.  This is our meal plan:

Monday and Tuesday = order pizza or go out

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday = not our nights to cook!  Eat delicious food that others are making.  I heard a rumor about flank steak.  One of the dads usually makes beer can chicken that is super tasty.

Saturday = our night to cook!  Our family is doing ribs, two sides, and desserts.  DH and I are on side dish duty.  We have two dishes that we've made in the past that are pretty popular so we're going to ask what everyone wants.

My grocery trip this week was just snack stuff for the cottage, and breakfast items for our house! 

• Options
    This no carb thing SO is doing has my choices limited.

Anyways, Monday: pork and asparagus

Tuesday: some meat and vegetable [ughhh, I need some potatoes!!!]

Wednesday: I'm making chicken parm, noodles, and salad for a family dinner for my mom's birthday. I think she's 42,43?

Thursday: No plans yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if we end up at SO's parents house; grilled chicken, kielbasa, chorizo, meat empanadas, pico de gallo, rice, etc.

Friday: I'm making some dang alfredo for myself and I'll bake some chicken to toss in there. Broccoli too.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    Well, I was supposed to plan on Thursday, but I never did, so....yeah.  I'm so glad I didn't though because...who knew you could use something for crust on a quiche instead of pie crust?  I must google some recipes!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    CRey13CRey13 member
    Tonight: steak and a green salad
    Tomorrow: leftovers

The rest of the week we will be visiting family. So I have no idea!

We will probably cook at least one meal, pesto pasta and garlic bread. It's one of H's specialties.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    imageMommyMelRN:
    Well, I was supposed to plan on Thursday, but I never did, so....yeah. nbsp;I'm so glad I didn't though because...who knew you could use something for crust on a quiche instead of pie crust? nbsp;I must google some recipes!

When I get home, I can link the recipe. It's on the Branny Boils Over blog and the recipe it's in is for a cauliflower and cheese pie. I've never made the actual pie but the crust is amazing.

• Options
    imageLindsayDesigner:

Indian chicken nuggets with sweet potato fries. We did this last week and it was a hit!

What is this indian chicken nuggets you speak of?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Tomorrow night we will pick up or CSA share and take half to my parent's house. They will feed us dinner- wahoo!

I think some other ideas we are planning on include: 

pizza burgers 

bison stew with carrots, red potatoes, and sweet candy onion

biscuits and gravy

we will probably grill out for the 4th of July.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but no clue what it is right now!

• Options
    hmdhmd member
    Sunday: beer can chicken
    Monday: mini cheeseburgers
    Tuesday: chicken enchiladas
    Wednesday: poppyseed chicken
    Thursday: family BBQI think I making pasta salad and a fruit tray
    Friday: pizza or pasta night
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Monday
    Lemon pepper salmon with zucchini from the farm pan roasted with tomatoes

Tuesday
    Homemade Cobb salads

Wednesday
    Coconut chicken with asparagus

Thursday
    Avocado Burgers on the grill with cucumber salad and veggies and dip

Friday
    TBD

Saturday
    Going to a cookout!
  • Options

I've got to get back in the cooking routine!  I got out of it with vacation earlier this month, and then have just been slacking for a couple weeks.  Anyway, here's what I have lined up - let's hope I have the energy to make these.

Monday - burgers & corn on the cob

Tuesday - Southwestern vegetable bake

Wednesday - Chicken salad on pitas or something, sweet potato fries

Thursday - Omelets & cheesy grits (may have to revisit whether this is a July 4th appropriate meal)

Friday - Pan glazed chicken with basil, asparagus

Saturday - birthday party for my cousin, bringing baked beans

Sunday - pancakes 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"