Breastfeeding
Options

is this a clogged duct? (weaning question)

I have been in the process of weaning for the past four weeks dropping one feeding per week. I haven't had any trouble except for this last feeding I've dropped this week.  All of the other weeks my breasts felt soft after about three days.  I dropped this last feeding on Monday and today is Saturday and I have several hard areas in my breasts.  I never got super engorged this week, just a little but the past two days I've had these rock hard lumps.  They don't hurt, aren't warm (which I've heard are symptoms of clogged ducts).  They only hurt if I accidently hit them against something or my LO jumped on my chest today and that hurt. Are these hard lumps just part of weaning if they don't hurt? I did keep a hot washcloth on them tonight and hand expressed/massaged a little milk out to try to prevent mastitis if it is a clogged duct. THe lumps are softer now but still definitely there.

Normal or clogged duct? Thoughts? Anything else I should do?

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: is this a clogged duct? (weaning question)

• Options
    I think you should continue to try to work them out as if they were clogged ducts.  If they don't go away in a few days, or if they change for the worse, I think you should call your ob/gyn and possibly get a breast exam.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I came to this board just now to write this EXACT post!! I just dropped my last feeding about 3 days ago, this is day 4 of no nursing at all. But I never had this engorgement (or whatever it is!) until just the last few days. I was always still soft when I dropped the other feedings. Im less sore today than yesterday but still kind of tender and definitely hard and lumpy! will it just go away as my boobs adjust? I didnt want to pump or hand express in fear of the milk producing more...HELP!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"