July 2013 Moms

5.99 question for ladies who've been induced before

For mobile: 5.99 question for ladies who've been induced before

So I'm scheduled to go in at 6am. Do I eat before or just do something delicious tonight and go in with an empty stomach? I went into labor on my own last time and I didn't feel like eating while I was in labor but I was able to sleep because of the epi so it wasn't a big deal. Also, I threw up during transition and I would hate to throw up again at that point. Chances are good I will if I ate breakfast. Especially since I'm at a 4 already. I just don't think my labor will be super long like last time. I didn't eat for more than 24 hours last time because of labor. So what would you do? Eat breakfast or eat dinner and be done?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more

Re: 5.99 question for ladies who've been induced before

• I would eat tonight and have a light easy breakfast an hour or two before going in. That way it's had time to settle before getting induced since you got sick last time you went into labor.
  • I've always had a light breakfast before my inductions. I've had 3, btw. My shortest one was just over 5 hrs. I vomitted during my last, but I'm glad I ate. My philosophy on it is you need the energy for labor and it feels better to have something to throw up vs. dry heaving.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't been induced before but my OB told me not to eat after 5-6 tonight. I'm going in at 3:30. She said after I'm progressing she will allow ice chips and popsicles. Good luck tomorrow! T&P's for a quick and easy labor! (:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a FTM but my OB told me not to eat the morning of my induction, but she would like me to drink a non-acidic drink that has some calories. She suggested apple juice so that is my plan.
    Anniversary

• My midwife said to eat light. Like a piece of peanut butter toast. Nothing to heavy. Good luck on your induction! I go Tuesday!!
  • I would eat something tonight to give you energy tomorrow, so some protein and carbs (spaghetti with meat sauce kind of dinner) and then eat a simple light breakfast tomorrow like a homemade smoothie or yogurt.  

When I went in to be induced with my first I do remember that I was allowed to eat jello and drink juice during the induction that the hospital provided to keep my energy up.  

Good luck and keep us posted.  

• imageVikingsfan 71713:
    no advice. Just wanted to say good luck, and I hope everything goes smoothly (like no throwing up)

thanks. Lol.  

I think I'll eat something delicious tonight and keep it simple tomorrow morning. Thanks for the input ladies!  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • Good luck, Meimsx! I'm glad that LO will be here soon. Why are you being induced, btw?

• I have zero experience, but I would probably eat tonight and maybe drink and Instant Breakfast or something for energy before going in in the morning.

Good luck!! Can't wait for the update!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    imageimage
  • imagevalstulas:
    Good luck, Meimsx! I'm glad that LO will be here soon. Why are you being induced, btw?

lots of reasons. My horrible softball sized hernia that can't be evaluated until after he is born. The horrible GI issues that won't or can't be resolved until he arrives. The constant contractions I've had for two weeks.  

Meimsx no more
  • I ate breakfast on the way to the hospital for my induction with DD1. I wasn't told not to by my dr and I knew it could be awhile before I ate again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemeimsx:

imagevalstulas:
    Good luck, Meimsx! I'm glad that LO will be here soon. Why are you being induced, btw?

lots of reasons. My horrible softball sized hernia that can't be evaluated until after he is born. The horrible GI issues that won't or can't be resolved until he arrives. The constant contractions I've had for two weeks.  

Ugh, misery! Time to move on from this pregnancy, for sure!

• I have no idea, but I just wanted to say good luck!!

• flkongflkong member
    That's so exciting, good luck Meimsx! Like others said, eat a regular dinner and a light breakfast. Since you're already 4cms, delivery should be fast for you. Update us when you can..

• Murphy's law is mean. I'm having really painful contractions. Of course with less than 12 hours to go I get this. 

Meimsx no more
  • SMac85SMac85 member
    I had a light breakfast in the morning.  If you are hungry in the morning then just have something small.  
    photo 3dcc1df8-8755-401b-b56e-15712e9fb0c0_zps92b14273.jpg
    Matteo 08/02/2011 Cruz 06/19/2013

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageNCC74656:
    Do you know how they will induce you? Are they going to start pit right away? I ate breakfast lunch and dinner on Friday. Lunch and dinner in the delivery room. I wasn't hooked up to the pit yet though and was getting as far as I could using more natural methods so I was allowed to eat. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

I'm hoping they'll start by breaking my water since I'm already at a four. Then if I don't progress I'm ok with pit. By why start off with pit ya know?

Meimsx no more
  • I had a giant dinner the night before... Although I didn't know my water was going to break and I was going to be given pit.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Good luck meimsx! I'm glad you asked this because I was wondering the same thing since I'm being induced on Tuesday. Can't wait to hear your update from L and D!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"