Parenting
Options

last car post I promise (maybe)

I posted about a week ago that my car may be totalled.  It is totalled, and I got a nice amount of 8700 from the insurance company.  I don't want a car loan, so I'm essentially trying to replace my old car (impala 06, 125,000 miles)  I'm torn between 2 cars:

1.  2005 buick lacrosse, 72,000 miles, red, moonroof, good body, just a bit of rust at the bottom of one door.  It needs a new exhaust system, but the dealer is replacing that at no cost to us. the engine is nice and clean V6 $6900 

2. 2010 Hyundai Elantra 79,000 miles, grey beautiful body it's a V4 $7900 I have not test driven this one yet

I've looked at a ton of cars on-line and in person, and have done some research on the models.  My brain is on overload... 

I drive a ton for work essentially the same in 3 years as the Elantra has (will ask why the high mileage though).  I need fair to good gas mileage, safe, and good in snow.  I have 2 LO's and am likely not having more... 

Re: last car post I promise (maybe)

• Options
    I'd pick the Elantra, hands down. Hyundai are super reliable and have a really good warranty system.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    on-line it said one of the pro's of the elantra is great gas mileage.  I think 34 on highway.  I know the buick is just so so.  Maybe 25-28 on the highway.  The high mileage is not scaring you guys?  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Elantra.  No doubt about it.
  • Options
    Elantra, hands down.
  • Options

imagelazysusan:
    on-line it said one of the pro's of the elantra is great gas mileage.  I think 34 on highway.  I know the buick is just so so.  Maybe 25-28 on the highway.  The high mileage is not scaring you guys?  

The mileage isn't that much higher than the Buick, it's far younger, and the mpg is better.  No question. 

• Options
    olp920olp920 member
    I was in a bad accident in an Elantra when DH and I were dating. Definitely could have died had the car not crumpled the way it did. So theres a huge pro.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would definitely go with the Elantra from what I hear from people that have them they are reliable cars.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    are Elantras very low to the ground?  I'm worried about slushy city driving.  I don't want to get stuck constantly...
  • Options
    Buick
    I can't believe the hands down for the 2010 with 80k on it vs 2005 with 80k miles
    My first car was a Buick and that thing lasted forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"