TTC After a Loss
Options

School Me

Other pg rainbow mentioned briefly.
AND
I'm too lazy to google right now honestly.

I've been catching up with an old coworker who had losses, and they found a septum that wasn't seen on us with her. She said she had a hysteroscopy and a lap. I'm under the impression her septum was removed during the lap. They got ku after the removal and just had their rainbow.

But what's the major differences between a laprascopy vs a surgical hysteroscopy? Is there a reason my friend would have the lap for removal vs the hysteroscopy?

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

Re: School Me

• Options

imageKMW08:
    Other pg rainbow mentioned briefly. AND I'm too lazy to google right now honestly. I've been catching up with an old coworker who had losses, and they found a septum that wasn't seen on us with her. She said she had a hysteroscopy and a lap. I'm under the impression her septum was removed during the lap. They got ku after the removal and just had their rainbow. But what's the major differences between a laprascopy vs a surgical hysteroscopy? Is there a reason my friend would have the lap for removal vs the hysteroscopy?

I have no idea why they would chose the lap. I think the hysteroscopy is vaginal where the lap is via incision right?

I'm really interested in the responses to this question.

• Options

Yep, that's my understanding. They do the lap if they think you have endo or want to check for cysts and things.

EDIT: Sorry, that was supposed to quote Pink

EDIT: I originally wrote PCOS, but meant endo

TTC since April 2012

BFP #1, 10/03/2012 - EDD 6/15/2013 - MMC 11/15/2012 - D&C 01/04/2013

BFP #2, 04/06/2013 - EDD 12/17/2013 - MC 04/19/2013

6/12/2013 Diagnosed with Balanced Translocation (12 & 16)

IVF #1 with PGS: 10/2013: Canceled 9/27/2013 for issues with genetic lab

IVF #1.5 with PGS: 11/16/2013: Canceled. 11 eggs retrieved, 9 mature & 9 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

IVF #2: 1/22/14: Canceled. 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 7 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

IVF #3 with PGS: 5/10/2014: Switched to FET in July. 10 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized, 2 healthy embryos!

FET #1: 7/31/2014: Transferred 2 nearly perfect (6AA, 6BA) healthy embryos- BFFN

Laproscopy: 10/2014: Healthy uterus

IVF #4: 12/8/2014: Canceled. 17 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 10 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Everyone welcome on my posts

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageeme520:

Courtesy of a friend who is an RE fellow:

As Pink said, a lap is done trans-abdominally through a small incision. In general it is done as part of an infertility work-up to look for endometriosis. PCOS, on the other hand, is diagnosis based on symptoms, lab work, and ultrasound, though a normal ultrasound doesn't rule it out. On an emergent basis a lap is done to look for an ectopic. A hysteroscopy is looking at the ute via a camera inserted through the cervix. Septums are removed via this approach. KMW-I'm not sure if your friend had a lap because they were concerned about endo or even large fibroids (although this is a less common reason for a lap). Hope this helps.

Thanks!! I was curious why they would do a lap.
  • Options
    KMW08KMW08 member
    imageeme520:
    Courtesy of a friend who is an RE fellow:nbsp;As Pink said, a lap is done transabdominally through a small incision. In general it is done as part of an infertility workup to look for endometriosis. PCOS, on the other hand, is diagnosis based on symptoms, lab work, and ultrasound, though a normal ultrasound doesn't rule it out. On an emergent basis a lap is done to look for an ectopic. A hysteroscopy is looking at the ute via a camera inserted through the cervix. Septums are removed via this approach. KMWI'm not sure if your friend had a lap because they were concerned about endo or even large fibroids although this is a less common reason for a lap. Hope this helps.

Thanks Eme! maybe her wording was just messing with me and meant she had a lap just to be exploratory and septum was removed via hysteroscopy.

But the clarification is great. It kinda relieves me a little, because now I know I shouldn't need a lap, it's never been discussed though LOL.

image    image

• Options

imageKMW08:
    imageeme520:
    Courtesy of a friend who is an RE fellow:nbsp;As Pink said, a lap is done transabdominally through a small incision. In general it is done as part of an infertility workup to look for endometriosis. PCOS, on the other hand, is diagnosis based on symptoms, lab work, and ultrasound, though a normal ultrasound doesn't rule it out. On an emergent basis a lap is done to look for an ectopic. A hysteroscopy is looking at the ute via a camera inserted through the cervix. Septums are removed via this approach. KMWI'm not sure if your friend had a lap because they were concerned about endo or even large fibroids although this is a less common reason for a lap. Hope this helps.
    Thanks Eme! maybe her wording was just messing with me and meant she had a lap just to be exploratory and septum was removed via hysteroscopy. But the clarification is great. It kinda relieves me a little, because now I know I shouldn't need a lap, it's never been discussed though LOL.

you have a septum?

• Options
    KMW08KMW08 member
    imagePink Camino:
    you have a septum?

Not a septum, but a very very thin piece of tissue that's diagonally, it makes it look like a blocked Fallopian tube, but it's not significant.

In dec RE discussed removal, but wasn't too concerned with it, so I opted no on the removal. I'm thinking about it now.

If you goto my blog, there's a pic of my hysteroscopy to see what I'm talking about, in the ::??month:: through dec 12 post.

Kmw08itsmylife.blogspot.com

image    image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"