Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Bbt time ?

So I usually temp around 510540. Last night stayed up late went to bed around 230 so probably fell asleep around 3. Set my alarm for 559 to push back as far as possible to not get an open circle. I know u should get atleast 34 hours before temping. So my question is in your experience is it better to maybe get a little less than 3 hours of sleep or temp late? Hope this makes sense. TIA ladies. Happy Sunday!

Re: Bbt time ?

• Options
    In instances like this, I just temp a little late. I few round circles on your chart aren't a huge deal, as long as it's not a frequent occurrence.

• Options
    I actually had a question about this too. My 2 yr old has been coming into my room between 3-4am and waking me up so I walk him back to him room. We get up for the day 6am. Do you think that will mess up my time temp? I'm trying to not get out of bed but its hard when I need to walk him back. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    From what I've read around here, it's more important to get 3 hours. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies I rarely stay up that late so its usually not an issue.
  • Options

imageACSoup:
    I actually had a question about this too. My 2 yr old has been coming into my room between 3-4am and waking me up so I walk him back to him room. We get up for the day 6am. Do you think that will mess up my time temp? I'm trying to not get out of bed but its hard when I need to walk him back. 

If it were me, I would temp when DS wakes you up, before you get out of bed, then recording it when you come back to bed. To make things more consistent, I would set an alarm for 3:30 every morning, wake up to temp then on mornings he doesn't wake you up, and then going back to sleep. That way you're always temping around the same time, and you've solved the 3 hours of sleep issue.

• Options
    imageamandarene112:

imageACSoup:

If it were me, I would temp when DS wakes you up, before you get out of bed, then recording it when you come back to bed. To make things more consistent, I would set an alarm for 3:30 every morning, wake up to temp then on mornings he doesn't wake you up, and then going back to sleep. That way you're always temping around the same time, and you've solved the 3 hours of sleep issue.

This is what I would do.

For what it's worth, I have never taken my temperature at the same time every day, and I have always been able to see a temperature shift in my chart. 

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Options
    This is only my second cycle temping so I don't have much experience but I try to temp around the same time each morning even if DS has woken me up throughout the night (which he usually does). I should add that I don't have to get out of bed though because we co-sleep. Last cycle I was able to see a temp shift and get cross hairs even tough my temps may have been a little skewed. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imageal-e:

Sorry this isn't clicky, but this is what FF says about taking your temp:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Same-time-or-three-hours-of-sleep.html 

Thanks for that link; that's news to me! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    EDD: December 8, 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"