Cloth Diapering

Well now we know why the rinse cycle is important

Yikes!  I loaded the washer and then walked away when the phone rang.  My H thought he was being helpful and started it...no soap or anything, just put it on a hot cycle.  My entire first floor smells like cooked poop.  He feels bad. 

So here is my plan to remedy...I rinsed.  Then I washed a full cycle on cold/cold with detergent AND a cap of simple green.  They smelled OKish so I set the next cycle for Hot/Cold Heavy Duty with Soak.  

Fingers crossed.  Fingers crossed.  I'm so glad it was just three pockets and 2 pairs of trainers and inserts.  Ugh

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
<3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
Asher Benjamin  April 2010
Lola Aisling  May 2014

Re: Well now we know why the rinse cycle is important

• I agree. A hot cycle with no soap would've been like a long rinse.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I have to agree with PPs...I've done that before when I'm not paying attention, and I just go on to follow with my normal wash and rinse after, and all was fine...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageJmeJme:
    I have to agree with PPs...I've done that before when I'm not paying attention, and I just go on to follow with my normal wash and rinse after, and all was fine...

I've done the same as well. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• I've always rinsed cold.  Lol, no I don't put toddler poop right into my washer!  What ended up coming out is that my H threw in training pants that hadn't really been rinsed or the liner detatched, he just didn't look.  But still it smelled so bad.  Its all good now though : ) 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • imageChickypoo2468:
    imagehispenguin:

imageJmeJme:
    I have to agree with PPs...I've done that before when I'm not paying attention, and I just go on to follow with my normal wash and rinse after, and all was fine...

I've done the same as well. 

Sometimes I'll start out tho way on purpose even :O

I've done it on purpose too. Once DD had a REALLY poopy couple of days and most of the diapers going into the wash were poopy diapers. I did a hot wash cycle with no detergent as my pre-rinse to really make sure it was properly rinsed before washing.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• One time I accidentally set the washer to drain and spin instead of rinse and spin, so I just had a full load of dirty dipes spinning around in the washer without water! Bleck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"