Parenting

Oh, that's right. I hate painting.

I'm currently halfway through painting our bedroom. I swear, I get painting amnesia. I'll paint a room, hate the experience, and then a few months later decide I want to paint another room, all the while thinking, "Bah! Painting isn't that bad! Let's do this!"

No point to this post, obviously. I'm just needing a break. Carry on...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Oh, that's right. I hate painting.

• Painting sucks. Even I physically could do it, I'd still hire someone. You never thinks it's that bad of a chore until you realize you only have one wall done.
  • It's Martha Stewart "Love in the Mist"- a very light blue. And I'm painting over red walls so I'm going to need to go over everything again.

Ugh. What in the hell was I thinking. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageSpooko:
    imageSmittyPants:

It's Martha Stewart "Love in the Mist"- a very light blue. And I'm painting over red walls so I'm going to need to go over everything again.

Ugh. What in the hell was I thinking. 

Well that's a great name for a bedroom color!

Right? I didn't even realize the name until we got home. Pretty fitting.

We're changing the whole bedroom and finally getting rid of our Ikea furniture that's been following DH around since college (we're 33...). He's up there now doing the stuff I couldn't reach.  

• imageSmittyPants:
    It's Martha Stewart "Love in the Mist" a very light blue. And I'm painting over red walls so I'm going to need to go over everything again.Ugh. What in the hell was I thinking.nbsp;nbsp;

Sounds pretty. Red is a harsh color for the bedroom. Can't blame you for wanting something new. We once rented a house with a completely red bedroom that was tiny. We said it looked like something from Moulin Rouge. It was dubbed the boom boom room.

Funny enough, we bought our house and it has half red walls in the bedroom. We have blue paint in the garage from 3 years ago and I still haven't painted it. Oops!

Good luck with the rest of the painting!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • imagefredalina:
    Painting isn't so bad IMO. It's the prep and cleanup that sucks .

Ahh, see that's what I always think too and then I get halfway through and I'm covered in paint, I see spots that I've missed, and I just want to hang myself.  

• I would kill to pain our room. I'd probably do a nice grey with a grey and silver striped or chevron wall where our bed goes. Maybe once we move Cade into his own room.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagefredalina:
    imageMrsCodeMonkey:
    imageSmittyPants:
    It's Martha Stewart "Love in the Mist" a very light blue. And I'm painting over red walls so I'm going to need to go over everything again.Ugh. What in the hell was I thinking.nbsp;nbsp;

Sounds pretty. Red is a harsh color for the bedroom. Can't blame you for wanting something new. We once rented a house with a completely red bedroom that was tiny. We said it looked like something from Moulin Rouge. It was dubbed the boom boom room.

Funny enough, we bought our house and it has half red walls in the bedroom. We have blue paint in the garage from 3 years ago and I still haven't painted it. Oops!

Our bedroom is red and we like it, but it's a BIG room, probably 16 x 20. If it were any smaller it would not work at all. Plus the red is kind of dark, with a hint of rust. It was like that when we moved in but we kind of liked it.

I had a matte red bedroom in HS that I painted myself. I love painting.

I'd come do it for you, Smitty, if you entertained LO :]
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagefredalina:
    imageMrsCodeMonkey:
    imageSmittyPants:

Our bedroom is red and we like it, but it's a BIG room, probably 16 x 20. If it were any smaller it would not work at all. Plus the red is kind of dark, with a hint of rust. It was like that when we moved in but we kind of liked it.

The half red is growing on me. It's on the bottom half of the wall under a chair line. We also have a huge master. It was an addition and it's as big as our living room, dining room and kitchen.

Mind you, the rest of the house is quite small. We hosted 20 people in our living room yesterday for DD's party and everyone got to know each other really well because we crammed them in like sardines. Good thing the kids played in the yard for a good chunck of time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    I would kill to pain our room. I'd probably do a nice grey with a grey and silver striped or chevron wall where our bed goes. Maybe once we move Cade into his own room.

Our entire downstairs is grey. I love it. It goes with everything.

• imageRunaway22:
    imagefredalina:
    imageMrsCodeMonkey:
    imageSmittyPants:
    Sounds pretty. Red is a harsh color for the bedroom. Can't blame you for wanting something new. We once rented a house with a completely red bedroom that was tiny. We said it looked like something from Moulin Rouge. It was dubbed the boom boom room. Funny enough, we bought our house and it has half red walls in the bedroom. We have blue paint in the garage from 3 years ago and I still haven't painted it. Oops! Good luck with the rest of the painting!
    I had a matte red bedroom in HS that I painted myself. I love painting. I'd come do it for you, Smitty, if you entertained LO :]

How soon can you be here?! 

• I've never actually painted, as I've never actually owned a home but I don't see it as being an enjoyable experience.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"