Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Ovulating early?

Last month I took my progesterone wrong b/c my Dr. told me to start it on CD14 which was before I O (which is typically on CD 17/18) so I never got a clear positive O test last cycle b/c progesterone keeps you from O apparently. This month (now CD13) I'm O early. Do you think its b/c I didn't O last month? I NEVER O this early and my issue is I have a short LP (only 8/9 days) so I'm hoping this O early thing helps me out this month!
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Ovulating early?

• Options

imageBeth&Derek:
    It probably has nothing to do with last cycle. How have you been confirming ovulation? Your O day can vary from cycle to cycle, but hopefully you'll have a longer LP this cycle.

I've been using OPK and this is my first month temping. I have O on day 17/18 for the last 8 months so its just so weird to me that this month its so much earlier. 

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    imageBeth&Derek:
    imageACSoup:

imageBeth&Derek:
    It probably has nothing to do with last cycle. How have you been confirming ovulation? Your O day can vary from cycle to cycle, but hopefully you'll have a longer LP this cycle.

I've been using OPK and this is my first month temping. I have O on day 17/18 for the last 8 months so its just so weird to me that this month its so much earlier. 

OPKs don't confirm ovulation, so in reality, you don't know for sure that you've ovulated on CD 17/18 over the last several months, but regadless of that, the day can vary. Over the last year, I've ovulated from CD 13-19 (confirmed with temping). It doesn't have to be the same day every cycle.

Yeah, thats why I started temping.  

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Recently, I've O'ed anywhere from CD 12 to CD 19. It happens sometimes, and is totally normal. 

Glad to hear you plan to start temping. OPK's are useful, but temping really helps put all the pieces together. GL. 

• Options

I'm wondering the same thing, although my jump is a little more intense. I usually O between day 17-19. Last month, I didn't O at all, but this month, it looks like I O'd on CD 9. I was wondering if it was because I didn't O last month... Who knows! Hopefully it'll work in your favor! Good luck!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"