Illinois Babies

Breast Pump Retailer Needed

Hi - I found out my insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield) will cover the purchase of a breast pump. However, I'm having trouble finding an in-network medical supply retailer that carries breast pumps (would love to get one from Madela). If you have an recommendations please let me know (BCBS's website hasn't been very helpful). Thanks!

Re: Breast Pump Retailer Needed

• Do you have BCBS PPO?  I do and I've been looking into the same thing.  I've emailed BCBS many questions about this including what retailers provide breast pumps.  Below is the email response I received today from them.  If you go to the individual company websites you can see what pumps are available through each company.  I will be going with the Medela pump available through Edgepark but their policy is not to put the order through until 30 days prior to your due date.

"I have provided you a list of durable medical equipment suppliers that we have been provided that do carry breast pumps. Please note Mark Drug is a participating PPO provider with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois and can only ship to members in the Illinois area. If you wish to receive a breast pump from Byram Health Care or Edgepark Medical Supply, you will need to contact them and provide them with your city and state and they can verify if they are able to ship to your area as well as confirm if they are a participating PPO provider with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois. 

Byram Health Care - 877-773-1972 or breast-pump@byramhealthcare.com
    Edgepark Medical Supply 800-307-5930
    Mark Drug 847-537-8500"

• This was SUPER helpful!  I have BCBS IL PPO as well and have been drowning in websites trying to figure out which DME suppliers actually carried breast pumps!  Thank you thank you thank you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"