Parenting

Sunday Spam?

2»

Re: Sunday Spam?

• imageLexiLupin:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

I took my new stroller for a test drive yesterday at Relay for Life. I like it a lot. 

Nice! We'll just be out back- we have a playground right behind our house with a little quarter mile loop around it, it's pretty awesome. Though it sucks that we won't live here anymore once DS is old enough to enjoy the playground.

I wish we had that. We live in a tiny development on a private road off a busy main road. We do try to take the kids and Ein to the trails a few times a week. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD is napping, so I'm horing all over the interwebz now. 

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Loading the player...
  • imageLexiLupin:
    I'm looking for dairy-free recipe inspiration. I really wish I had any sense of culinary creativity.

I made some stewed lentils the other night that was really yummy. Rosie and Cade even enjoyed it. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm reading about domestic discipline via some crazy blogs.  WTAF?!

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imagemissyishere:
    I'm reading about domestic discipline via some crazy blogs.  WTAF?!

Huh? Explain.

• imageimage

• imagekiraliz2:
    I took Holden's 7 month photo today. He turns 8 months on Tuesday. I plan to take his 8 month photo 2.5 weeks late and his 9 month photo 1 week late to compensate. Heh.

Our 1 year photos happened at 13 months. That's what happens when you have a teething monster and are your own photographers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • imagemissyishere:

I feel like these people have a little red room somewhere and it's just an excuse to get their kinks out. 

• imagemissyishere:

It is totally a version of BDSM for those unwilling to admit they get off on it.

I'm also just going to say that it probably does help resolve some disagreements in their marriages. Wife does what she wants, hubby gets mad, hubby gives her a spanking, everyone feels even. Not exactly my cuppa, but I sure as hell won't judge people's kinks. Shame they're not boning after though.

• imageLuckyDad:
    imagemissyishere:

It is totally a version of BDSM for those unwilling to admit they get off on it.

I'm also just going to say that it probably does help resolve some disagreements in their marriages. Wife does what she wants, hubby gets mad, hubby gives her a spanking, everyone feels even. Not exactly my cuppa, but I sure as hell won't judge people's kinks. Shame they're not boning after though.

I feel where your coming from. For me spanking is only ok when in the bedroom, not as a punishment. It's a little too 50 Shades for me. 

• imageLuckyDad:

Oh, totally.  If it's consensual, whatevs, but at least add some boning in there.  I know I would be hell nah if DH proposed this idea to me without his peen being involved.  Nope. 

imageimage

• imageNana_Osaki06:

I feel where your coming from. For me spanking is only ok when in the bedroom, not as a punishment. It's a little too 50 Shades for me. 

I'm not down for punishing your SO either.  Just admit you get your jollies off spanking and follow it up with a little slap and tickle after.  And you know, not in the name of jesus...

imageimage

• imagemissyishere:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

I'm not down for punishing your SO either.  Just admit you get your jollies off spanking and follow it up with a little slap and tickle after.  And you know, not in the name of jesus...

I dunno. I think sometimes when you come you see jesus. lol

However, this is totally just a ploy to control women.

• imagemissyishere:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

Agreed.
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    imagemissyishere:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

Jaysus!

It's not just spanking either. The wives are grounded and receive other forms of punishment, like having a suppository placed as a reminder for her wrong doing...

imageimage

• I'm in Helen, GA drinking German beer with my bestie!
  • imagemissyishere:
    imageNana_Osaki06:
    imagemissyishere:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

Jaysus! It's not just spanking either. The wives are grounded and receive other forms of punishment, like having a suppository placed as a reminder for her wrong doing...

Thats sick. I hate how "christian" extremists try to control women. It's just gross. 

• I have a confession. Since there is no 31st day in June today Cade is technically 6 months. Since he is so close to 6 months I put sunblock on him for the first time yesterday.

Now spank me, I was bad.

• imageLexiLupin:

OMG before I go- Missy (and other Sherlock fans), you'll love this. H stole my phone earlier today and changed my texting sound to the semi-obscene Irene Adler sigh.

I only just got a text now and had a seriously WTF?! reaction. 

That's kind of awesome.
    I leave my phone on silent so much, I wouldn't realize until it rang at a really embarrassing moment.

imageimage

• imagekiraliz2:

Our kitchen is 90% boxed up, and everything is off the walls in the living room. I'm exhausted.

We are moving to my in laws next week. On one hand, yay, built in babysitter! On the other hand...I'll be living with my in laws. Huh?

how long will you be with them?

• I finally caught Ein sploofing!

• imageLexiLupin:
    What is sploofing, exactly?

When they lay with their little legs out the back, like Ein is. 

• imagekiraliz2:
    imageSpooko:

imagekiraliz2:
    DS is the only person I know who is blood related to me.

That's really special for you two. 

It really is. It's also a weird concept for me. Seeing someone who looks like me is really cool.

Seeing someone who looks like you is really cool even if you have blood parents and blood siblings.

Are you ethnically similar to your adoptive parents?

• So, I've been trying to make a spread sheet of Ein's treats since I need to watch what she eats now. I discovered that one of her treats is made in China. It was made in the same factory as other treats and food that were recalled due to dogs dying from contamination, and they didn't recall even after they got reported deaths. Makes me feel bad for feeding them to her. Guess I'm looking for a new duck jerky.

Also, don't feed your dogs jerky made by Dogswell. 

• imageLexiLupin:
    Hummus is like crack. That is all.

Homemade hummus is the bomb dot com, too

imageimage

• I'm having a healthy day. My lunch is greek yogurt and beef jerky.
  • imageandrea99:
    Does anyone have a SodaStream? They're on super good sale online right now. I'm just wondering it it would be worth it for us. 

My MIL has one. She's weird though an just likes the bubbly water and adds some no sugar flavoring. 

• imageandrea99:
    Does anyone have a SodaStream? They're on super good sale online right now. I'm just wondering it it would be worth it for us. 

It looks cool, but I'm turned off by the fact that the soda mixes are made with splenda and sugar. I'm a cane sugar soda snob, though. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageLexiLupin:

imagemissyishere:
    imageLexiLupin:

Got a preferred recipe? I just bought some chickpeas, despite having no plan on what to do with them.

I am also interested in a hummus recipe. I looked one up a few years back when I was afraid of the kitchen. Going on a tight budget and having a baby has made me far more adventurous. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Going to a BBQ. Hopefully there will be alcohol.

• imageLexiLupin:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

imageLexiLupin:
    What is sploofing, exactly?

When they lay with their little legs out the back, like Ein is. 

Oh, I love that. Didn't know it had a name. I approve.

Me neither! My Frenchie's do that, it's funny.

• imageandrea99:

Ugh. Splenda gives me a headache. I have found some recipes for syrups online. I wonder if I'd actually make the time to do my own syrups, though. 

I bet it would be worth it if you did. And yeah, splenda is evil. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So, I still hold DS for naps. I tried to get my kitty to come inside before putting him down, but didn't feel like wrangling her while wearing the baby, so I let her be. 20 mins into DS' nap and she thinks SHE WILL DIE if I don't let her in RIGHT MEOW.

I feel bad I can't, though, honestly. Poor kitty. At least it's shaded... 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageLexiLupin:

imagemissyishere:
    imageLexiLupin:

Got a preferred recipe? I just bought some chickpeas, despite having no plan on what to do with them.

Sorry I was out doing family shiz for a while.  This is the recipe I use: https://naturallyella.com/2012/03/11/baked-hummus-and-spinach-dip/

I make a double batch, so I can use some of just the hummus for consumption and some for the spinach dip.  I also add artichoke to the spinach dip.

imageimage

• imageLexiLupin:
    imagemissyishere:

Sorry I was out doing family shiz for a while.  This is the recipe I use: https://naturallyella.com/2012/03/11/baked-hummus-and-spinach-dip/

I make a double batch, so I can use some of just the hummus for consumption and some for the spinach dip.  I also add artichoke to the spinach dip.

Thanks! Silly question while I have you here- do you have to go anywhere special for tahini, or can you find it in your regular grocery store?

I found it at my local grocery store.  I believe I found it in our "healthy" food section of the store, but I'm sure you can find it just about anywhere. 

imageimage

• DW makes an awesome homemade hummus. She even soaks the beans herself.
  • imageLuckyDad:
    DW makes an awesome homemade hummus. She even soaks the beans herself.

This is what I want to do. Tell us her secrets! 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"