2nd Trimester
Options

Nervous!

I have my anatomy scan on Wednesday! I am so nervous. It took us 6 years to get pregnant through ivf, it almost doesn't seem real. I keep waiting for the ball to drop. Up to this point everything has been normal. I've had 6 ultra sounds and 3 other fetal heart tone appointments. Everything has been consistent and baby continues to measure ahead of schedule by a few days. I am just nervous the scan measurements aren't going to be as perfect as I want them!! Of course we are excited to find out the gender as well, but more anxious to hear our baby is progressing normally an is good health! Anyone else have these same concerns!?

Re: Nervous!

• Options
    You have waited a long time for this LO so I think your feelings are completely normal! We tried for a long time (about 2 years- which I know doesn't compare to your experience) and then lost that pregnancy at 16 weeks. With my DD who was born healthy and now with this pregnancy I get extremely nervous before each appt and fear the worst. Try to breathe and remind yourself that so far all of your appointments have been great so chances are really great that things will continue that way!  Good luck to you! Hope the time passes quickly and you enjoy holding your little one in your arms when they arrive!
    Tried for 2 years before diagnosed with DOR and low Progesterone. MC at 16 weeks in June 2010 (Told Placenta Previa contributed to the loss)
    Mommy to one darling & amazing little girl :) Born September 9th 2011 (C-Section at 38 weeks for Placenta Previa)

Surprise!! EDD 12/13/13 (Hoping for a VBAC!) Off home bed rest  and now just monitoring a large SCH. Stable in size but not going away. SHRINK PLEASE!

• Options

Try not to think about any bad news during the anatomy scan. When I had mine aat 18 weeks, I was a nervous wreck, and it didn't do anything for me besides give me really bad anxiety. I know how hard it must be to relax. Just try to breath. If you are religous, pray. If you're not, think happy thoughts! :-) Feel better and good luck!!

Angelbesdme
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"