Breastfeeding

hospital grade pump

So my LO is 5 1/2 months old and I EBF. I pump at work (or any other time he takes a bottle of frozen milk). I have two Medela Pump In Styles (one at home and one at work). They do the trick, but I recall the pump I used in the hospital (had a splinted IV in my left arm for blood transfusion, not allowing my to be able to hold LO on that side for a day and a half) to be much better. My insurance policy changed and now on July 1st they will start to cover the hospital rental in FULL !! I think I want to do it (my only expense would be new tubing), and a few friends IRL say its not worth it. Their reasons are "you wont pump/BF much longer" or "you have a good system now". But I would like to go at least a year, if not more with BF as both LO and I love it (and the health benefits). The friends who are saying it either didnt BF at all or for less than four months so I want advice from some longer term BF mommas :)....- would those of you that have used both say go get the hospital one? or is it not worth it? thanks..

Re: hospital grade pump

• I say anything that makes it easier or faster is well worth it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemrshall10210:
    I say anything that makes it easier or faster is well worth it!

that's what i was thinking "speed, ease and convenience" lol 

• Loading the player...
  • I had the hospital pump for a couple months, bought a swing, and now have my sisters Pisa.  Hospital pump is by far the best. Since all medela (I assume hospital is) you might be able do get away with only a couple new parts protective membranes/membrane caps since the tubing etc is all the same.
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • imagehappy_unbride:
    I had the hospital pump for a couple months, bought a swing, and now have my sisters Pisa. nbsp;Hospital pump is by far the best. Since all medela I assume hospital is you might be able do get away with only a couple new parts protective membranes/membrane caps since the tubing etc is all the same.

The Symphony, the Medela hospital grade pump, is great. I get significantly more output with it than with the PISA. That said, you do need a completely new set of tubing, etc., because the parts aren't compatible. I think that was about 50 or so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I pumped with a symphony when DS was hospitalized an I loved, loved, loved it. Much better output than my ameda PY.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• I pay $75/month to rent my Symphony. I use that at work and leave my PISA at home for evening pumps and traveling. My cost for tubing was $30 for the Symphony. I can honestly say that a hospital grade pump saved me- so much nicer and efficient. If your insurance is covering it, definitely give it a try!!!

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"