Multiples

3rd Tri Swelling...

I've now lost my knee in the swelling of my feet, ankles and legs. It is supposed to be a hot weekend which isn't going to help me at all. Anyone else dealing with the swelling? Any tips to feeling more comfortable?

Re: 3rd Tri Swelling...

• evelated feet, non constrictive shoes and compression socks as much as possible. 
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Feet up, lots of fluids (ideally water)
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes! From my knee to my foot there is no definition : my hands are so swollen it hurts to make a fist. I'm also certain I'm developing carpal tunnel as a result. I can barely make a fist or holda utensil with my right dominant hand. I'm trying to appreciate this as my last pregnancy but the last month sure makes it difficult!

imageimage

• Yes! I've seriously questioned whether its normal or not several times, but I've just come to terms that carrying 11 to 12 lbs of baby weight will do that to a girl. My legs hurt to touch because the swelling is so bad and my skin is so tight.
  • I have also lost my knees. I am so swollen my husband calls me the "Nutty Professor" - lol. I spoke with my OB about it yesterday and he advised me to try to get into a pool if I can and just float or stand in 3 ft of water. I am going to try that next week. In the meantime, I just keep my feet elevated as much as possible.

Hang in there! 

Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Unexplained Infertility
    7/12-9/12: IUIs #1-#3 = BFN
    11/12: IVF #1 - Transferred 2 blasts (1 frozen) = BFP!
    Beta#1 (11/21) - 194, Beta#2 (11/26) - 1222, Beta#3 (12/2) - 9535 (It's twins!) Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well, we are all in this together!! My OB also suggested a pool. I don't belong to one, but my sister lives nearby on a lake. I'm debating on getting in the lake although I don't have a swimsuit. We will see. 

You all hang in there too!! 

• Get into a pool or lake.  I gained 30 lbs of water weight in the last month.  The pool was a life saver.  I sucked it up and wore a bikini because there was no way I would fit into a one piece or tankini.  You could always wear a t-shirt or tank over your swimsuit if you want to keep things covered.

Photobucket

IVF #1 was a success! Harrison and Brooke born at 37 weeks. 6lbs8oz and 6lbs11oz. Loving life as a MoM.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracles

• imageJennP03:
    Get into a pool or lake.  I gained 30 lbs of water weight in the last month.  The pool was a life saver.  I sucked it up and wore a bikini because there was no way I would fit into a one piece or tankini.  You could always wear a t-shirt or tank over your swimsuit if you want to keep things covered.

thanks! I'll try to brave up and get in the lake at my sister's house.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"