Stay at Home Moms

Cooking question

Tonight I decided to buy 2 whole chickens because I found an amazing deal on them.  Typically I just buy boneless, skinless chicken breasts so I feel kind of lost with this whole chicken thing... 

For one of them I am thinking about doing the beer can chicken on the grill method.  I would like to do something different with the other, what do you suggest?  

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
1/12/13 DD was born
4/9/16 DS was born 
9/17 CP 
6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

Re: Cooking question

• id012id012 member
    Love beer can chicken. Iv never made it on the grill tho!
  • Something in a Crock Pot. Maybe with potatoes and veggies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Simmer it with celery, carrots, onion, peppercorns, salt and bay leaves. Shred the chicken; use it and the stock for homemade chicken noodle soup, chicken and dumplings, or chicken pot pie.
  • Season the skin with some salt, black pepper and paprika, surround it with baby potatoes and onions (or regular ones cut into 4 parts) and stick in the oven for 45-60 min (until the skin is nice and brown)

It should come out really juicy and tasty and the potatoes and onions are really yummy

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Look up the blog Dinner: A Love Story or How Sweet It Is, either one of their roast chicken recipes are fantastic. One is stuffed with goat cheese and what we're having for dinner tonight. I put cut up onions, potatoes and carrots underneath and stuff a lemon, couple of cloves of garlic and fresh thyme, rosemary and sage in side. You rub the outside with melted butter and a ton of salt and pepper. Seriously, it's my favorite thing in the world.
  • Thank you for all of the suggestions, definitely gives me a lot to consider!.  
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• I would either roast it (I *think* the way I do it is based on Ina Garten's recipe?  I can't remember for sure though) or "roast it" in the crock pot and shred it all up and freeze in individual portions to use in other recipes, then toss the scraps back in the CP to make stock (I would use the scraps from roasted to make stock too).
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imagesbevmc09:
    I would either roast it (I *think* the way I do it is based on Ina Garten's recipe?  I can't remember for sure though) or "roast it" in the crock pot and shred it all up and freeze in individual portions to use in other recipes, then toss the scraps back in the CP to make stock (I would use the scraps from roasted to make stock too).

I definitely am planning to freeze leftovers and try to make my own stock.   

10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• imageid012:
    Love beer can chicken. Iv never made it on the grill tho!

What other way is there?  In the oven??  Honestly never heard of another way to do beer can chicken.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"