February 2014 Moms
Options

New bras

I am 8 weeks pregnant and I'm already busting out of my bras! My question is what is the difference between a maternity bra and a regular bra? Should I just go ahead a up nursing bras now so I have them when I start breast feeding? Should I buy 1 size bigger or 2? This is my first baby so I don't know how much to expect to grow and I do t want to have to buy a ton of bras. 

Re: New bras

• Options
    Go ahead and buy some reg ones to wear during the rest if your pregnancy. Nursing bras have the same sizing as reg bras but I've noticed they give you some growing room since you'll be filling with milk and emptying throughout the day. I'd buy whatever size you end up being while pregnant. Of course you can always go ahead with the nursing bras, just depends on what you want to do.

Fwiw I absolutely adore Gillian O'Malley bras from target. They are the best and hold up really well! The nursing bras I bought last time around are still in great condition. Their reg bras are my everyday ones too. I switched from VS years ago an haven't looked back once.

My life, my love, my boys
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS: Liam born 8.30.10 at 35 wks (PPROM, Pre-E, C-Section)

DD: BFP 6.9.13, EDD 2.12.14, A/S 9.20.13... It's a Girl!

Adeline Leigh born sleeping 2.11.14 at 39 wks 6 days

How very softly you tiptoed into our world, almost silently, only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footsteps have left upon our hearts. - Dorothy Ferguson

• Options
    I'm right there with you I went out and bought a couple new bras last week. Some advice for busty mamas... I'm a natural 34F to begin with and as of my 9th week in my first pregnancy, went up to a 36G despite having been losing weight thanks to morning sickness. Anyway, our options tend to be limited in that size realm but Nordstrom is by far the best option I've found. Get a professional fit it's free and know that they can also alter your nonnursing bras for 12 each when the time comes so that you can then use them post partum. That way, you can save a few after investing in something up front. Well worth it... Also, I don't normally sleep in bras but have begun to wear a jersey coverlet bra for just a little but comfortable support at night. It's gotten to the point that rolling over or getting up to pee makes me painfully aware of my tatas this has definitely helped a bit! Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"