October 2012 Moms

Working moms - weekend schedule naps / food

Working moms - weekend schedule naps / food

(XP from another board)

Does your baby follow a similar napping and eating schedule on the weekends? Actually I wonder if this could apply to SAHMs as well since the weekend schedule probably varies more than weekdays.

My daycare provider has J on a pretty good schedule that she follows 70-80% of the time. Just to start with, she nurses 6:30, eats breakfast at daycare at 8:00, bottle at 9:45, nap at 10. DCP has her on two 1-1.5 hour naps. I tried to follow the schedule today, as I do every weekend, nursed her at 6:30 then we went for a walk 7:30-8:00. By this point she is pretty irritable and I try to get her to eat breakfast, she is fussy and starts rubbing her eyes so I put her in her crib and she starts making the nursing noise (it sounds like glug glug) so I give her a boob and she falls asleep. So it will probably be a 3 short nap day. And she sucks at solids when I'm around.

Anyone want to commiserate?

DD 9/15/12

Re: Working moms - weekend schedule naps / food

• We try... but I don't know how daycare does it. We struggle so hard to get her to nap, and when she does go down she's up in a half hour, when she's taking hour and half long naps at daycare... We like to pretend it's because she misses us and she just wants more mom and dad play time. :) Makes us feel a little better. 

I nurse on demand on the weekends, and we feed solids when we eat. Her patterns loosely follow daycare, but she nurses more often than she would be offered a bottle.

• My LO does not seem to nap well anywhere!  He gets 30-45min increments both at DC and with me.  Sometimes we'll get lucky and he will be down for 1-1.5hours, but rarely.  He does seem to be more willing to try a variety of foods at DC.  With me, he usually will only eat fruits.  But at DC, they have no problems with veggies, eggs, cheese, etc.  So on DC days, I usually pack non-fruits for him.
  • Loading the player...
  • I WFH not sure if my post will count since he is not in daycare just yet...but during the weekend....since we are usually out..his first nap is usually only 45 mins and we do that on the go...

I fight for him to take a 2nd longer nap somewhere between 2p and 4p though he will nap the length depends

weekends are tough just because we are usually less structured in terms of activities..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We loosely follow the same schedule on weekends. Emphasis on loosely.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"