Stay at Home Moms
Options

Christian Domestic Discipline

Anyone heard of this before? Basically, the husband spanks the wife or gives her timeouts or takes away phone, tv, or other privileges when she breaks a rule.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/21/christian-domestic-discipline-spanking-jesus-marriage_n_3479646.html

Re: Christian Domestic Discipline

• Options
    imageCnAmom:
    It's an excuse for men to be physically/verbally/emotionally abusive and get away with it. I fail to see how any woman with any amount of self worth would allow their husband to treat them that way.

I agree.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There was a bumpie a while back who said she and her husband did this. I can't remember what board, it was several years ago. She used to get flamed up the ying yang.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, just no.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I assume that it's a cover for sexual fetishes on the parts of both members, whether or not they want to admit that.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMermaids&Magic:
    I mean, DH can spank me if he wants, but he touches that TV and there's gonna be a problem.

This, lol.  

• Options
    imagepenguingrrl:
    I assume that it's a cover for sexual fetishes on the parts of both members, whether or not they want to admit that.

That is EXACTLY where my mind went! I had to go poke around the site because it just seems so crazy , it's just S&M being covered by some crazy nutty religion name. I mean they are sexually repressed and can't say "hey I want you to spank me" or vise versa so they are just covering with the "Jesus told me I need to be control so its ok I have these desires". I actually hope its the case for most because at least then they are secretly happy about the "punishment" I guess.

The other choice is just sad, like other poster said, could be an excuse for controlling abuse. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Options
    I'm sorry what?
  • Options
    I had never heard of this.  It's crazy!
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Options
    beyla1beyla1 member

I guess as long as both parties "consent" to this so-called Christian Domestic Discipline, then sure, go for it.

S&M.

• Options
    LOVE that the site has "50 Shades of Grey" listed as "worth checking out". Ha.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagepenguingrrl:
    ditto. If you want to get all kinky and get spanked, whatever. But don't try and tell me it has anything to do with being Christian 

• Options

I bet it's a combination of both abuse and sexual fetishes, depending on the couple. My favorite line is "Many of them report feeling extremely calm and relaxed after being disciplined, and believe it is an expression of their husband caring about them and their marriage, enough to help them modify their behaviour," 

enough to help them modify their behavior....seriously?? 

• Options

I would do it if I could be the dominant one. Big Smile

• Options
    Yes, I've heard of this.  Wrong on so many levels.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    imagegwapes:
    I think I'll just leave this hereDH and I are getting quite a kick out of it..nbsp;https://beginningdd.com/wpcontent/uploads/downloads/2013/02/BeginnerPacketFinalCopy1.pdfnbsp;

Ugh this is gross. I read 50 shades. I wouldn't compare the two after skimming their "rules". In 50 shades, the spanking was very sexual [obviously] this is just trying to make abuse ok. I get a pit in my stomach thinking that women offer themselves up for this type of thing. Yes, gross.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"