Colorado Babies

Daddy Boot Camp????

Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine mentioned a thing called 'Daddy Boot Camp'.  I did some research and found a few classed but wanted to know if anyone had sent their hubby through one, and if so, did it work/help?

I want to make sure that my husband understands what is going to be happening when our baby is born after the first of the year.  

Thanks in advance! 

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Daddy Boot Camp????

• My husband took the daddy boot camp class over at Good Sam and he enjoyed it. Our LO came a week early and he was scheduled to take the class the day before her original due date, so when he went to class he was considered a "veteran". My understanding is that it's a bunch of new dads more or less shooting the wind sharing their experiences and what they've learned. the dads "teaching" the class when my husband went had their babies with them and they ranged from 2-4 months old. They give you a pretty good book too of things to expect, etc from the dad's perspective. My husband is considering being one of the "teachers" in the future which I think says a lot for how it's taught.

Every baby is going to be a little different so the experiences the other dads had may not be the same as what you all will experience, but I think overall it gave him a pretty good idea of what to expect going forward and how others dealt with the situations they found themselves in. DH came home telling me stories about how the other dads would do things like run the vacuum to calm down their baby with colic and stuff like that. I think it helped him to know that others got through the first couple months and he can too.

• Thanks so much!  This gives me confidence that the class will help him get an idea of what he is in for!
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hubby took it aT st joes and learned a lot!
  • We did Skyridge and it was awesome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"