Pre-School and Daycare

Advice for birthday party?

The twins' fourth is in a couple weeks.  It is a dog-cat theme.  We have a balloon artist for most of it- she will do decorations for the house and make whatever the guests ask.  We will have the house wide open- we have a gym in the basement with swings and toys in the basement, food in the kitchen.  And either an inflatable bounce thing in the yard or an inflatable ball to push the kids around in in the yard.  I'm thinking pin the tail on the dog somewhere, and I want to do some sort of arts/crafts table...

Any ideas? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Advice for birthday party?

• LoCarbLoCarb member
    The party sounds fun!  I would make the craft table less structured for those who want to come and go.  My kids are happy with foam paper (maybe animal shaped) with stickers, markers and glitter glue to decorate. Foam hats may be another idea? I have seen animal shaped foam hats at Michael's for under $1. Charm necklace on string.
  • Do you have enough adults to be stationed in each area or will you only have the kids in one area at a time?  Honestly, it all sounds fun and you don't really need anything else.  You could always get some coloring sheets of animals and leave it at that - I would not get into a whole messy art project with a group of 4 year olds at my house.  The kids will want to run around and play and eat cake.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks all! I am clinging to the days that parties are simple enough to let the kids run wild, parents kick back and visit- one cooler for the kids, one for the adults. But I see with the older bday parties, they are expecting grand productions and designer goody bags. Hoping to stretch this out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"