This is my first ever post on here but after recent events I thought I'd give it a shot. My husband and I started TTC this past Jan and found out we were pregnant in Feb. We were so shocked that it happened so fast. I started spotting bright red a couple days after we found out so I went to get checked out. They saw something questionable in my sonogram (and nothing in the uterus) but wanted quantitative labs to verify. Long story short, I had an ectopic, was given methotrexate right away but my tube ruptured and I had to have it removed.
In May we started trying again, thinking it would take longer with just one tube. Well, we got pregnant right away! Because of my history they wanted to check me out right away. Everything seemed fine (no pain, bleeding) until the sonogram showed something questionable under my right ovary. They want my quants to back it up and they came back showing it was ectopic. Again. I was given the injection right away and luckily was able to spare my remaining tube. Currently my hcg levels are at 6 so they want one more week of labs showing its down to zero.
At this point we really can't do too much besides wait. Because of travel plans, I won't see my doctor for another month to talk about the next steps. I'm assuming she will want to do an HSG to check my remaining tube. So I guess my question is, if the tube appears normal after the test, are we crazy to try again naturally? Our only alternative at this point is IVF and I know that will take years of saving up for. But on the other hand, I may be putting my physical (not to mention emotional) health at risk.
Anyone have a similar experience or any advice?