Toddlers: 24 Months+

LO prefers grandmom when around?

My LO loves her grandparents!  and I am soo glad she has a great relationship with them! but LO prefers them when they are around than me or DH.  When grandma leaves she cries and cries even if I'm holding her, etc...  She does spend two nights a week with them so she doesn't have to go to daycare so early, since me and DH work.  Has anyone experienced this?  I don't post on here often but do from time to time.  I do play and take LO places and we have a loving relationship.  TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: LO prefers grandmom when around?

• It's normal.

She just loves grandma.

Grandma is also fresh, fun, new and exciting even if she does spend 2 nights a week there. It's nothing compared to the time she gets with you, kwim?

I say enjoy it and take advantage of the fact she loves/trusts someone else too!

My kid adores Grandpa for some reason. We share a yard. We live right behind them. She sees the man everyday but I'm toast as soon as she spies him. I think it's cute.

• Agree that this is normal.  DH and I joke that when grandparents are around, DD couldn't care less about us.  Don't worry - you are still mom and dad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"