Trouble TTC

Sperm Donation?

Hi All,

I am very new to thebump- hello =)

I have searched the forums for women who have conceived through sperm donation, but I haven't been successful, so maybe someone will respond to this.

My husband is 27 years old (as am I).  When he was 14 he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease Lymphoma.  He went though chemo and radiation and went into remission for a year.  When he was 15, it came back.  The second time they were more aggressive with chemo, radiation, and this time, he had a stem cell transplant.  Needless to say, he does not produce sperm (even this many years later).  When he was first diagnosed, the doctors did not suggest to his parents that he get his sperm frozen for later on in life.  So, here we are.

We have talked extensively about sperm donation and he is 100% on board.  However, I still want to talk to someone who has gone through the experience before we move forward.  

Thank you!

Re: Sperm Donation?

• Sorry I do not have any experience with this specific issue but just wanted to welcome you to the boards.  Its a great place to find support and people with some issues in common.  There is someone else on here who is dealing with a limited sperm supply because of cancer but not sure if they know much about the donated sperm.  Good luck and hope you find some answers.
  • Welcome! Check out the Third Party Reproduction board - it's full of ladies using donated eggs and/or sperm.
    Me (34) & DH (45) - NTNP since June 2011
    RE: 12/1/12 - Me: PCOS; DH: Low T
    2/13: DH's T went from 190 to 777!
    Cycle 1 1/25/13: Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = Ectopic pregnancy
    3/7/13: MTX injections put me on the bench.
    Cycle 2 6/7/13: Clomid 100mg CD3-7 = No response
    Cycle 2.1 Clomid 150mg CD 19-23 + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    Cycle 3 7/21/13: Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #1 + Progesterone = BFN
    Cycle 4 8/25/13: Bravelle 75-112iu + Trigger + IUI #2 + Progesterone = BFN
    Cycle 5 9/23/13: Bravelle 75-225iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Progesterone = BFFN
    Onto IVF - starting injects on Christmas Day

• Loading the player...
  • imageErinSays:
    Welcome! Check out the Third Party Reproduction board - it's full of ladies using donated eggs and/or sperm.

I was going to suggest this too and also maybe the success after IF or Pregnant after IF board, since they have actually had success. GL and Welcome!

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
  • Hi there, don't have any experience, but welcome to the board!
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • Welcome! I am currently going through my second IUI with donor sperm. It took my DH and I about 2.5 years to completely accept donor sperm so its so great that your DH is 100 on board. My 1st advice is do your research on the sperm banks. We are using Cryogenic which has a guarantee for sperm count and they just introduced a pregnancy pledge that if you don't get pregnant by 4 cycles they will give you another vial for free. And holy smokes those vials aren't cheap! Plus they had a lot of donor options and we were pretty specific on matching the looks with my DH. Let me know if you have any other questions! I reached out to a few women on here when we first started talking about donor sperm and it helped so much! Good luck with everything!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"