Cloth Diapering
Options

s/o laundry...stains ?

So, I was told that EBF runny poop didn't need pre-rinsed before tossing in the washer.  Well, that stuff won't come off for anything!  My prefolds and one pocket are ORANGE.  I'm using the Tide F and C detergent.  I know hanging them outside might help, so I'll try that tomorrow, but anything else I'm doing really wrong??  Obviously, they aren't getting super clean.  I use cold water to wash...is that a no?  Should I be using hot water?  I just realized that while typing.  I just have it set to cold because that's what we always use for clothes... Obviously, I'm new to this. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: s/o laundry...stains ?

• Options

Nope. EBF poop stains like a mofo, you're not crazy. The best thing you can do is a cold rinse with no soap (I run the fast wash cycle once through), then a hot wash with soap, and a rinse (whatever your machine sets to do). Some stains will come out that way, but not everything. Sunning is really the way to go. Particularly stubborn stains can get a spritz of water/lemon juice mixture before being set out. Just make sure whatever you're laying out is soaking wet when you do it. As it dries, the stain will fade.

This is a Grovia insert and a Rumparooz pocket that Ginny all but destroyed. 

Two hours in the sun and voila!

I don't sun every single time I have a stain - maybe once every week or two. Too much sun can break down PUL and elastic like the dryer can. 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    My kiddo's not BF'd, but I just got out some major stains in our CDs with Bac-out.  That stuff is amazing.  It even cleaned my nasty (used-to-be) cream-colored microfiber couch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:

Nope. EBF poop stains like a mofo, you're not crazy. The best thing you can do is a cold rinse with no soap (I run the fast wash cycle once through), then a hot wash with soap, and a rinse (whatever your machine sets to do). Some stains will come out that way, but not everything. Sunning is really the way to go. Particularly stubborn stains can get a spritz of water/lemon juice mixture before being set out. Just make sure whatever you're laying out is soaking wet when you do it. As it dries, the stain will fade.

All of this. Try washing in hot and sunning before switching your detergent.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks! Hot water and sun with this next load! I might find that bac-out stuff - my couch needs a good scrub!! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"