3rd Trimester

Venting..

Okay, so I am 31 weeks pregnant.  I work with children and today the family of the child  I care for wanted to take him somewhere fun since it is now summer break.  While I was working I turned directly into a steel bar and it hit the side of my belly hard enough to feel a quick jolt of pain.  I called my doctor and they told me to go to the ER even if I did not have any contractions or bleeding.  When I went to the ER, they put me and baby through a Non-stress test for 3 hours.  The doctor told me baby's heart rate is fine and his movement is great. 

I am happy to have gotten the medical opinion but in the back of my mind I'm still nervous about baby and placenta abruption.  Has anyone had similar experiences?  

Re: Venting..

• Yes. Fell twice last pregnancy and once this one. If your doctors have cleared you then you should be fine. Baby is very well cushioned in there.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Doesn't seem like much of a vent....

If the doctor told you that everything was ok, I'd try to not stress about it. Easier said than done though. Hope you feel better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah I put vent because I was unsure what to title it. Thanks ladies. The doctor did clear me but like you said it's so much easier said than done.  
  • imagePrimRoseMama:
    Yes. Fell twice last pregnancy and once this one. If your doctors have cleared you then you should be fine. Baby is very well cushioned in there.

Glad your LO is okay!!  

• I'd say it seems like everything is ok. If you feel any pain or LO doesn't move as often as usual then I'd say definitely check back in, but if you feel fine and baby is moving like normal I wouldn't stress too much about it.

• cjm724cjm724 member
    That sounds scary but it seems like your doctor cleared you. Try not to worry!
  • The doctor cleared you and it should all be ok! baby is well cushioned. ;) I have fallen twice during my pregnancy and baby was fine both times! 
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Thanks everyone! It's been a full day now and I haven't had any pain or bleeding.  I have felt LO all day too so I am trying to stay positive and not worry!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"