January 2012 Moms

Talking?

Is anyone's lo really not talking yet? My DS will occasionally come out with an occasional word like "mama", "dada" or "good" but then won't say it again. He understands everything perfectly and can follow directions like "please sit down" or "put the ball in the basket" but no words yet. Also if you ask him things like "where's the doggie", he will point to the dogs. I'm getting nervous but DH says not to worry because he obviously knows what's going on.

Anyone else in the same boat?

"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

Re: Talking?

• yup same boat! he will say a random hi, mom, da, and boo for book and that's it. he too knows exactly what things mean or what you say but doesn't really talk. if you ask him where the dog is, he points to the dog and actually starts to pant like a dog!
    we read to him every day and talk to him constantly but still nothing. I'm not worried not until the pedi says it's a problem.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ooops, wrong January board! LOL!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • I was just coming here to post the same thing! LO only says "yah" and "this", and sometimes an occasional "bye"... he will randomly say "dada", but no mama. He takes direction and will point also. I worry, but have to take a step back, remember he's healthy and growing. If he's not saying more by his 18 month check up, I'm going to mention it to his doctor. 
  • exact same thing here! he'll say pop for popsicle and doh for dot.  but that's about it...he says dada and mama too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know all children develop differently but I am just getting concerned mine hasn't started talking.  He developed physically early, can walk and climb but just says uh uh for everything.  He understands a lot of things I say to him too.  He has watched very little tv but has seen Bubble Guppies about 4 times and just started saying bubble.  I think (and hoping) that once he starts talking it will all come at once.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lp0lp0 member
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm glad we're not alone. Every kid develops at a different rate but its just all the autism talk that scares the crap out of you. I'm sure in no time we'll all be talking about how our lo's never stop talking lol
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• takmjstakmjs member

My daughter hasn't even said a single word like mom or dad or hi or anything. She, like other moms have said, does understand and can point to things. She was born 10 weeks early, so her adjusted age for prematurity is 15 1/2 months. I read that a symptom/sign of autism is if they haven't said a single word by 16 months, so needless to say, we are concerned. We have a birth to 3 intervention evaluation on Monday, because she's also not walking yet.

Best of luck to all of our kiddos! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"