May 2013 Moms
Options

Mastitis question

I have a question for those of you who have had mastitis. I had it about a week and a half ago. I caught it early, because this is my third baby and I had several bouts of mastitis with the other two. My breast had about a quarter size red spot on it, which was hot and painful. I also started to feel fluish. My doctor prescribed me dicloxacillan and I finished it Tuesday. Well now the red spot has turned purple, almost like a light bruise. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Re: Mastitis question

• Options

I have not, but I would call your OB and ask. 

What does the purple spot feel like? 

As someone who had mastitis that presented atypically (Not bright red and hot, fluish for only a day) and didn't have it treated and wound up with a breast abscess, I'm thinking you can't be too careful.

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options
    Thanks for your response. I will call my OB on Monday. The purple spot is not lumpy like it was a week ago. It's still slightly tender when I touch it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"