Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

XP: Sleep advice

Also posted on babies 6 to 9 months board.
My LO is almost 7 months. At 2.5 months we transitioned her from RnP to crib and started a bedtime routine bath, PJs, quiet play, then nurse/rock to sleep. It works wonderfully, she typically falls right to sleep and usually sleeps 8 hours, wakes for a change and feed, then goes back to sleep for another 1.5 to 2 hours. Occasionally we have a wake up or two in the middle of the night, but she falls back asleep easily with a little rocking.
Nap time is a different issue, somedays she naps well two solid naps other days its a few twenty minute catnaps or long nursing sessions, but nighttime sleep has been great so I don't mind much.
So far I've been on maternity leave, but will start back to work in September, LO will be 9 months. She will go to an inhome daycare mon, tues, wed, and will be with my inlaws thurs and fri. I am a bit nervous about starting daycare in general and being away from her, but I don't want to set her up badly for naps.
My question is, since I basically always nurse her to sleep, and she obviously can't do that at daycare, should I start sleep training her to help her fall asleep on her own? If I do, do I need to start with bedtime? I'm hesitant to change our bedtime since it is going so well. Or should I just let daycare figure it out?
I should add that she takes a bottle while I'm away. My husband can get her to sleep by putting her in her carseat and rocking her, or taking her for a drive. She basically screams if placed into her crib awake.
Thanks for reading and any advice is helpful.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: Sleep advice

• Options

I would definitely suggest some sleep training. It will make it so much easier for everyone involved - including LO. 

I followed the SleepEasy Solution (basically CIO with checks, Ferber-style).

Do some research / read the book (please don't just do a quick google search and give it a try).

If you make an educated plan, and stick with it, you should have success.

We were in the same situation (DD would only fall asleep nursing). It took us 4 days to get bedtime sorted, and about 3-4 weeks for naps to fall into place. It was tough, but she is a much happier baby now, and everyone is more rested.  

Good luck. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"