3rd Trimester

SO stories?

I love to read about how husbands, boyfriends or new Dads have stuck their foot in their mouths. Or maybe had a daddy version or pregnancy symptoms.

Any good stories out there?

Re: SO stories?

• Really?  48 posts and this is how you think you'll make your intro?  My husband is a rockstar and has been amazing.  You won't find me dishing here about him.

Try lurking a while to get a feel for the board (any board for that matter). 

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCNYBride05:

Really?  48 posts and this is how you think you'll make your intro?  My husband is a rockstar and has been amazing.  You won't find me dishing here about him.

really? Why can't she ask about silly things dads-to-be have said? 

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • KERJFKERJF member

Nothing with this pregnancy, but with DD1 early on DH and I were grabbing some personal care items (lotion, body wash, razors, ect) and he picked up a bottle of stretch mark cream, threw it in the cart and said "You are going to need this I heard"

A biker guy all in leather shook his head and said "wrong thing to say man, wrong thing to say"

I just LOLed at them both. DH didnt mean anything by it, and the biker guy just knew not to say stuff like that

imageimage
  • imageBelhurstBride:
    imageCNYBride05:

Really?  48 posts and this is how you think you'll make your intro?  My husband is a rockstcar and has been amazing.  You won't find me dishing here about him.

New to TB and I want to hear all about how your SOs embarrass themselves?  I guess I have more respect for my partner than that.  It's different if you are hanging out with IRL friends or have cultivated "friendships" here... 

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• I've posted on several boards. Just recently I haven't heard any funny stories. And now that all I'm getting is upsetting news from my doctors, I just felt I needed a little laugh. I dont think its disrespecting the guys. We're all human and we slip sometimes.

But we all have our opinions. I didnt mean to offend anyone.
  • imageginag1771:
    I've posted on several boards. Just recently I haven't heard any funny stories. And now that all I'm getting is upsetting news from my doctors, I just felt I needed a little laugh. I dont think its disrespecting the guys. We're all human and we slip sometimes. But we all have our opinions. I didnt mean to offend anyone.

I didnt find your post offensive at all. All of us have posted silly things in the past. If someone doesnt feel like sharing, they dont have to. Its not like you were asking for some deep dark secret or anything. That being said, MH is awesome but has said some interesting things in the past and honestly I cant pick out which one would be the funniest.

• I like to hear the funny SO stories too.  You'll have to ignore the hormones on this board apparently. 
    I don't have anything too funny...with my first baby, my water broke and my husband came home and cleaned the house (as I stood by the door with my bag waiting to leave)...I was like "Really? WHO in the world is coming over while we're gone?!"  And then after being in labor and waiting FOREVER to go from 8 to 10cm, the nurse finally said "PUSH!" and my husband said "Wait one second!"  Uhm, what?! No! lol
  • My husband has had some awesome couvade. He has had cravings, and emotional breakdowns...but my favorite thing he does, is when he eats too much...he will start rubbing at his rib and stretching the way I do...and will slyly smile and say "oh ow! I have a foot in my rib!" Hehehe. I generally have a foot in my rib DAILY and it gets so painful, so I just think its cute he will "sympathize".

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageJocelynB0911:

imageginag1771:
    I've posted on several boards. Just recently I haven't heard any funny stories. And now that all I'm getting is upsetting news from my doctors, I just felt I needed a little laugh. I dont think its disrespecting the guys. We're all human and we slip sometimes. But we all have our opinions. I didnt mean to offend anyone.

I didnt find your post offensive at all. All of us have posted silly things in the past. If someone doesnt feel like sharing, they dont have to. Its not like you were asking for some deep dark secret or anything. That being said, MH is awesome but has said some interesting things in the past and honestly I cant pick out which one would be the funniest.

I agree. No sweat off my back. It is not like the one girl who posted about her sex cravings lol.

Nothing to share for me, but welcome to the board :)

• This is our 3rd so DH knows better now, but during my first pregnancy I could have killed him. I had severe food aversions and morning sickness. I was about 16 weeks along and still throwing up daily. He had the nerve to say "You throw up everyday, you'd think you'd be used to it by now." I'm amazed he lived through the day Smile

Mommy to DS#1 7/1/04 and DS#2 6/15/07
    M/C 2/16/10 at 9wks 5 days~ D&C 2/18/10
    BFP#4 5/17/11 C/P.    
    BFP#5 11/30/12 Surprise! DS#3 born 7/29/13

• imagekennazebrowsky:
    imageJocelynB0911:

imageginag1771:
    I've posted on several boards. Just recently I haven't heard any funny stories. And now that all I'm getting is upsetting news from my doctors, I just felt I needed a little laugh. I dont think its disrespecting the guys. We're all human and we slip sometimes.

But we all have our opinions. I didnt mean to offend anyone.

I agree. No sweat off my back. It is not like the one girl who posted about her sex cravings lol.

Nothing to share for me, but welcome to the board :)

That one was quality simply because it turned into a thread about tacos, burritos, nachos and cake. Haven't seen that twit since lol.
  • UTQT09UTQT09 member
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageCNYBride05:

Really?  48 posts and this is how you think you'll make your intro?  My husband is a rockstar and has been amazing.  You won't find me dishing here about him.

Hey, board police, calm your tits.  

haha this made me laugh out loud :)

I don't mind to share because I think it is funny and know that my DH never says anything to be mean. My DH has been awesome for the most part but he has had his slip ups!  One night after a long day of work I took my shoes off and my feet were so swollen.  DH looked down at them and said "your feet look like flippers!"  I couldn't help but laugh. 

• imageCristine:
    This is our 3rd so DH knows better now, but during my first pregnancy I could have killed him. I had severe food aversions and morning sickness. I was about 16 weeks along and still throwing up daily. He had the nerve to say "You throw up everyday, you'd think you'd be used to it by now." I'm amazed he lived through the day [:]

Oh yeah, I was the same and SO said the exact same thing. You could literally see on his face as he was saying it that he instantly regretted it leaving his mouth, I was so stunned that I think I just gave him a death stare until he backed out of the room. Needless to say, he never said anything like that again, lol
  • imageBliss+Berry:
    imageCNYBride05:

No kidding.  WTF?  I mean, I'm just about the first person to be snarky to someone, and even I said "yikes...what a, well you know."

OP, welcome here.

I have more of a cute story.  Two days after we brought our daughter home, I had gone to the bathroom and apparently as I was standing up, I dripped a little blood on the seat.  I didn't check it before I left the bathroom, so when my husband went in there, he said, very timidly and softly, "Hey Ang...did you know that you're bleeding?"  I busted out laughing...Yeah, I know I'm bleeding.  Thanks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't feel bothered by your post at all but I am lucky enough to have a DH who has been staying informed and loving. But...I still have many weeks for him to say/do something silly. :)

Anniversary
  • imageBelhurstBride:
    imageCNYBride05:

Agree. I'm usually not one to white knight around these parts but who gives a fluck about intros?

It's a trimester board that has people coming and going everyday...who has the time or the desire to read intros?
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• When my water broke with DS my usually calm husband acted like a crazy person. He spent the whole pregnancy not really caring about each and every symptom and I remember it used to bug me that he didn't want to talk pregnancy 24/7. Haha.

Anyway, when my water broke I took a shower, ate something , got ready and he was panicking the whole time. He's a cop so he insisted on taking the squad car to the hospital and drove like a maniac to get to the hospital that's 15 minutes away at 11 pm. He hit an oppossum on the way there and I started crying that he killed something on the night our baby was born.

It really makes me laugh now. But I feel bad for the oppossum.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• imageBlueJewelM:
    When my water broke with DS my usually calm husband acted like a crazy person. He spent the whole pregnancy not really caring about each and every symptom and I remember it used to bug me that he didn't want to talk pregnancy 24/7. Haha.

Anyway, when my water broke I took a shower, ate something , got ready and he was panicking the whole time. He's a cop so he insisted on taking the squad car to the hospital and drove like a maniac to get to the hospital that's 15 minutes away at 11 pm. He hit an oppossum on the way there and I started crying that he killed something on the night our baby was born.

It really makes me laugh now. But I feel bad for the oppossum.

Oh my! Lol thats funny. My bf is the exact same way! I cant wait to see how he reacts when I go into labor.
  • Not foot in mouth but a cute story...

The other day at my OB appointment I found out LO is transversed.  I was explaining it to DH, telling him that most likely he will move but if I go into labor and he hasn't moved, I could need a c section.  Then I started going on about how I read online that before C sections, transverse babies would often kill both the baby and mom since it's nearly impossible to deliver a baby that way.  I guess I was really nonchalant about the whole thing because he looked at me and said, "you're so brave".  Surprised, I was like, "what do you mean?".  And he said, "oh, nothing, don't want to um... scare you".  LOL I thought it was cute that he had a moment of being really impressed/in awe of me and what I'm about to go through!  My answer was whatever's going to happen is going to happen and there's really no turning back now, so no point freaking out about it!

• B+B, Thank you for the laughs, I'm so glad you said this. You've been pretty quiet but when you do say things, it always amazes me.
  • When I complain about being tired, my DH just says "Yeah, what's new?".  That is the only thing he really says that he gets an evil look for. 

He does share in some craving symptoms, and he threw up for a couple days when I found out I was pregnant.  He has also had a more sensitve nose lately, and he can't sleep as well as he used to, so he has some pregnancy like symptoms.

• imageetoille:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageCNYBride05:

This. 

I feel like all of a sudden I start seeing this CNY chick show up here on 3rd tri in the past few weeks and she reminds me of that girl on the playground who has to tell everyone what to do all the time and its like jesus just shut the hell up already - maybe YOU should be getting a feel for the culture.

She is quick to police not only what people post but how they should feel. She has a little rep of playing "my situation is worse than yours so you dont have it that bad". Its quite annoying.

• DH and I have an unspoken agreement that right after work, I whine about all of my aches, pains, and symptoms for a couple of minutes. Then I laughingly say that I'm also feeling whiny. We laugh and then move on with the evening. One day, I was nearing the end of my little rant and he adds "and you're cranky." Well, I certainly was after that! Lol
  • imageBelhurstBride:
    imageCNYBride05:

Exactly.. who cares how many posts you have? This is a community board.. not a contest.

• imageBlueJewelM:
    When my water broke with DS my usually calm husband acted like a crazy person. He spent the whole pregnancy not really caring about each and every symptom and I remember it used to bug me that he didn't want to talk pregnancy 24/7. Haha. Anyway, when my water broke I took a shower, ate something , got ready and he was panicking the whole time. He's a cop so he insisted on taking the squad car to the hospital and drove like a maniac to get to the hospital that's 15 minutes away at 11 pm. He hit an oppossum on the way there and I started crying that he killed something on the night our baby was born. It really makes me laugh now. But I feel bad for the oppossum.

LOL. I don't have any funny stories of my own to share, luckily BF has been great, but this one is priceless!

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageBliss+Berry:
    imageCNYBride05:

Here's a direct quote from some shiittastic post you made last week. 

imageCNYBride05:

I just don't understand the insane need to make others feel like a$$holes.

Hmmmm.  You were saying???  Fuckwit. 

Bliss, are you stirring the pot again? If you are, I like it! I have a post it about her and her asinine posts. Since we are sharing I shall run and find some real gems. *skips off*

• imageBliss+Berry:
    imageJocelynB0911:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageCNYBride05:

Here's a direct quote from some shiittastic post you made last week. 

imageCNYBride05:

I just don't understand the insane need to make others feel like a$$holes.

Hmmmm.  You were saying???  Fuckwit. 

Bliss, are you stirring the pot again? If you are, I like it! I have a post it about her and her asinine posts. Since we are sharing I shall run and find some real gems. *skips off*

I just remembered her being super sanctimonious in a post recently.  It was from that craziness she posted about 37 weeks being full term. So obnoxious.  

Dont forget about the pain olympics. We have all been through shiit and some of us have had a harder time than others but she comes across as "This is my story, its more painful than yours so shut up. Na na na na boo boo, only I have the right to complain". She is a peach I tell ya, a real peach.

• LOL, things are so typical female here... female mixed with pregnancy hormones...  dangerous! 

The other day, my guy said to me, "Wow, so that means you weigh 17 more pounds than I do" .... seriously? Thanks babe. We did weight my SO today at my dr's appt actually and it was more like 10lbs, which still doesn't make me feel that great! 

• Bliss ftw.

That is all. 

image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"