Maryland Babies
Options

birth certificate - baltimore city

Does anyone know how long it takes for birth certificate to be issued and mailed out? my daughter was born on My 25 and I received a birth registration notice with the info that's going to appear on the birth certificate on May 30, but i have not yet received the actual certificate. the notice talks about certified copies, but there's no indication whether or not i have to do anything else (or pay anything) to get the original birth certificate mailed to me. 

if you have any feedback or experience with this, i would appreciate any info. I tried to call the department of vital records and i get bounced from voice mail to voice mail without being able to talk to anyone.

thanks!! 

Re: birth certificate - baltimore city

• Options
    ras26ras26 member

You have to order one (ie pay money).  There is no complimentary copy, sadly.  It looks like in Baltimore City you have to do it by mail, or go to the Division of Vital Records for same day service.  I don't know about Baltimore City, but in Howard County, it was cheaper to do it by mail.  DD is 20 months old and we still haven't ordered one.  The airports are starting to question our hand-written piece of paper from the hospital though, so I am sending off for one soon. 

https://dhmh.maryland.gov/vsa/SitePages/birth.aspx

IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

You have to do this yourself - they don't just send it. There is a cost associated - I believe it was $24/certificate?

You can do it by mail, but I just went in person to Vital Statistics office on Reisterstown Road. You fill out a form, show your ID, and pay, and they process it on the spot.

Here's the site with details on how to get it done:

https://dhmh.maryland.gov/vsa/SitePages/birth.aspx

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure where you live, but I believe that some counties also have a place where you can go for same day service. I live in Harford County, and you can get them from the Harford County Health Dept. It was 6 more, but it was worth not having to drive back and forth to Reisterstown Rd.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagedowntown80:
    Not sure where you live, but I believe that some counties also have a place where you can go for same day service. I live in Harford County, and you can get them from the Harford County Health Dept. It was 6 more, but it was worth not having to drive back and forth to Reisterstown Rd.

I went to vital records on Reisterstown Rd and got it the same day. I don't think it took more than 30 minutes from the time I walked in the door but I went earlier in the day.
  • Options
    My DD is 8 and has yet to get a birth certificate! I just use her official birth records for any documentation needs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"