March 2012 Moms

s/o words

Anyone else have a LO refusing to speak? She will mimic Mama and once in a blue moon Dada and hi. Other than that she might say "that" but it could just be babble. Pediatrician said she needs 10 word by 18 months. Kiddo is just stubborn! And her big sister literally never shuts up.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: s/o words

• Right here! All we get is "Ba". She understands a lot so I'm trying not to worry, but I am bringing it up at our 15 mo appt on Mon.
  • WipzWipz member
    at our 15 month appointment..all they asked us was if he said mommy and daddy or versions of... I'm not worried he will pick things up in his own time and like other posters... as long as they comprehend and are communicating in some form..  alls good  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS doesn't talk much.. he says Mama and Dada and a couple other words and then he has baby babbles for other things, like he loves to go out with me and get the mail, so he says "may-may" for that.. I don't know if that counts as a word.  He understands a LOT though.  OP, does your LO seem to understand what you say?

My younger brother was very, very late in talking (like 18 months, I think) and my mom was really worried about him.  The pedi asked if he was able to understand what she said to him and if he was able to communicate his needs to her, both of which he was.  The pedi told my mom since both of those were true she didn't need to worry, speech would come, which it did.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"