Kentucky Babies

Women's Care Center in Lexington

Just wanting to find if anyone has toured their facilities or has reviews of their time spent there.  My sister gave birth there in September and seemed to enjoy the time there (as much as anyone can I suppose).  I was wondering about their birthing options more than anything.  

I realize I'm a little early on this (still TTC) but I like to have my ducks in a row!

Thanks in advance fellow KY mommas-to-be! 

Anniversary TTC Since December 2012 image photo b56b74c0-1931-4a63-b812-bb9930784fce_zps4dda0a00.jpg

Re: Women's Care Center in Lexington

• This board is slow....so I'm not on here everyday.  After my loss Women's Care Center was one of the offices I visited.  They were actually my 2nd choice.  They are actually a doctors office affiliated with Central Baptist Hospital.  The doctors & staff there seemed friendly & answered my questions.

I actually ended up deciding with another practice at St Joseph East (Associates for Women's Care) & had a great experience there with my son.  I really think you should visit different offices & hospitals to see what you like. I believe CB has a 50% C-section rate and SJE has a 30% rate from what I've heard. You also want to make sure that you click with that office & that they see ALL of their patients when they find out they are pregnant instead of making you wait until 8-12 weeks.

I had a terrible experience with the office I went to with my first pregnancy, they refused to see me until 8 weeks even though I was having pain (ended up in the ER with a major-life threatening problem & in emergency surgery) and they never called me back on the same day when I had problems (pain) afterward.  The staff didn't even know why I was there when I had my follow up apt for my surgery and then they weren't very sympathetic. I also found out 8 weeks later they left tissue in me (& some other wonderful details ).

I've been a patient and both (for about the same time) & I thought the staff & facilities at SJE were nicer.  However, because my 3 day stay at CB was loss related I only dealt with the cancer ward & surgery department.  They weren't able to answer a lot of my loss related questions & I never dealt with the maternity staff there.

Sorry this is long & winded, but I don't wish my first experience on my worst enemy. I Hope you are able to find a place you like. GL!!

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • I had my daughter in September of 2010 at WCC. I thought that they were very nice. Dr. Ashmun delivered her but she is no longer with WCC and has moved to Lex OB/GYN and Associates, so I followed her. She always was able to reassure me on everything. I have met with some of the other doctors at WCC and thought they were great as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Virtually everyone I know has chosen Central Baptist to deliver their children. It was a simple choice for me since I have never heard a bad thing about the doctors there. Everyone I have spoken to have had excellent experiences. I had been TTC for a year and a half and finally decided to try out WCC to see why I hadn't gotten pregnant yet. I ended up choosing Dr. Youkilis since ironically my 2 best friends happened to see him (neither knew the other went to him until I asked for their suggestions on a OBGYN). Dr. Y has delivered 2 of one of my friends children. Thank to the docs help, I was able to conceive after 3 rounds of Clomid. I am now 8 weeks PG. I have called the doctor's office several times with various questions and either the nurses had the answer, or they would ask the doc and promptly return my call. Dr. Y is extremely nice and his staff are very friendly. I feel very comfortable in their care.

Good luck TTC!

• I love CB! The people are really nice and they have really nice suites for delivery :
  • imageMrsBynum0505:
    I love CB! The people are really nice and they have really nice suites for delivery :

I wish I had this experience there. I was very disappointed with they way they handled my situation. I was there from a Friday to Monday with no chaplain called and no information on local resources for loss. I also didn't get into surgery until Saturday evening even though my pain was worse than labor. I was in sheer hell and no one cared. My heart rate was like 60 over something when they finally decided to help me. I had been bleeding internally the entire time. If I had had a normal DnC maybe they would have been nice to me.

Anyways, there's more to the story. Pages actually. Google the terms in my siggy for more details.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"