Babies on the Brain

Newbie!

Hi there!

My husband and I are celebrating our one year wedding anniversary on Sunday and have really been discussing starting a family! We are so excited. We have both always wanted children. We're both 25 years old.

The only thing that I am slightly worried about, with getting pregnant, would be my weight. Is it safe to get pregnant while overweight? I'm 5'7 and 200 pounds. Will that affect my fertility/pregnancy/baby?

Re: Newbie!

• Hey there. I'm pretty new here as well. And although I'm not a mom or a doctor, I think this would be something you'd be better off asking a doctor during a preconception check up. They would be able to give you actual medical advice, do tests to find out for sure, and help you plan any actions or medical treatments that might need to be taken to increase your odds. Good luck!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • rtv3rtv3 member

I got my 'preconception info packet' at my annual/yearly pap last week and one of the things mentioned is getting your weight to an ideal place. There are plenty of people who do conceive while overweight and their babies are just fine, so don't stress too much about it. But it never hurts to get healthier :)

Welcome and GL when you do start TTC!

image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"