Babies: 3 - 6 Months

waking up in the middle of the night

Hey moms! My son is usually a very good sleeper. He's been sleeping through the night since he was just at 2 months old. Just about a week ago he started waking up at 3:30 AM on the dot EVERY single morning. He doesn't just wake up happy like he does in the mornings, but he wakes up crying. I really can't figure out what's causing this. I know he is teething but the teeth aren't exactly close to breaking through yet. He eats right before bed time and we haven't changed his bedtime routine. He sleeps with a wedge in his crib like he always has. He hasn't ran a fever so I have kinda ruled him out being sick because he is fine during the day. Have any of you been through this or have any other suggestions of anything I can try to break him of it?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: waking up in the middle of the night

• Growth spurt?  Neighbour that leaves for work at that time of day and makes a noise to wake the baby?  Does he take a pacifier?  I try giving the pacifier if he wakes up, if he cries again within a minute or so it usually means he's hungry.  Does you LO know how to self soothe?  Do you put him down drowsy but awake?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My 5 month old is dealing with crazy gas. She used to get up once a night after a lovely 7 hour stretch to eat. Now it's every 3-4 hours. Maybe you're in the same boat as me? I just posted about it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • She probably is just having trouble falling back asleep.  Try to soothe her without picking her up, but do what you have to do to get her back to sleep.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • alr5kalr5k member
    thanks ladies. we do have noisy neighbors that live above us (we live in an apartment) but they are usually asleep when he wakes up. A growth spurt and gas are actually two things I haven't considered although I should have. He can usually self soothe just fine, for some reason though it has just been this last week. He did better last night but he went to bed later than usual too. I guess we will see tonight if he does better and if not I will try to deal with it like it may be gas. Thanks again!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"